OUT NOW Jay Electronica "A Written Testimony" Album Thread

Rate "A Written Testimony"

• Total voters
Hold up

First we can'tcritique cuz we're not rappers.

Now we can't critique cuz we ain't pay for the album..... :wdf5:

Yeah you Jay Electrons have officially surpassed the Lupe stans.
f2157b012f595444406df69db1fb0995.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Inori
Hold up

First we can'tcritique cuz we're not rappers.

Now we can't critique cuz we ain't pay for the album..... :wdf5:

Yeah you Jay Electrons have officially surpassed the Lupe stans.
at least Lupe's got a few albums and mixtapes in his discography compared to Jay E. Lupe released more music in 06 than Elec has in his whole career

Did yall like the album or not?

after a spin there's maybe 2 songs I don't like, might have to give em a few more listens

tho it seems sum of yall would give it a 4/5 but your feelings were hurt cuz it wasn't structured the way you wanted so it loses points, not necessarily the quality of the album jus how it was presented

• Ether
Reactions: Eyerone
Oh word? So you never disliked anything ever in your life then huh? I pay for spotify so yea im entitled to my opinion

Even if i i bootlegged that shit i can call it wack because he released it publicly so its open for criticism at that point
Nobody said you couldn't have an opinion. lol.

We talking bout those who go beyond that, then trip when when it get called out.

Everybody know that rap fans is fickle, and that they complain like brats sometimes. That's just facts it aint a secret.

Count that as my opinion if you want, but then that just mean we both agree you have your view and i have mine.

It’s how it’s presented too.
Yea, exactly.

Man listen.

Im mad at myself.

Listened to this a few more times and its really grown on me. Like I catch myself spitting some of these bars cause they getting stuck in my head.

All of my criticisms of Jay Electronica is still valid though. This shoulda still been 14 songs with limited features.

Jay shoulda still re recorded some of verses.

And some of these beats are doing way too much in the background.

But im still catching myself liking it.

Also, after a handful of listens, Jay z on this shit is funny to me.

I mean he destroying ever verse. Spitting better than he has in years, and definetly is the best part of the album but hearing Jay say bismillah, insallah, and thank allah a handful of times feels disingenous as fuck.

I mean he destroying ever verse. Spitting better than he has in years, and definetly is the best part of the album but hearing Jay say bismillah, insallah, and thank allah a handful of times feels disingenous as fuck.
Most of these songs are old Jay’s voice and flow don’t even sound like that anymore.

• Cap
Reactions: Chicity

He been on that spiritual shit for a while now

Lol he was on his bismillah shit heavy.

But nah, he's been rockin 5 percenter chains and spoke on it for years