Welcome To aBlackWeb

OUT NOW J. Cole - The Off-Season

Don't listen to a lot of 21 but I see he got a lane that works best for him

Illmatic is different tho'

It is...very much so....and I’m not comparing this to Illmatic and I’m not even sayin’ it’s a classic

Still disproves tha whole “can’t call summin a classic after a couple listens” thing

And as subjective, personal and opinionated as music is it’s crazy to me to tell somebody that summin that may really resonate with THEM can’t be a “classic” to THEM after a listen

It is...very much so....and I’m not comparing this to Illmatic and I’m not even sayin’ it’s a classic

Still disproves tha whole “can’t call summin a classic after a couple listens” thing

And as subjective, personal and opinionated as music is it’s crazy to me to tell somebody that summin that may really resonate with THEM can’t be a “classic” to THEM after a listen
But you know these conversations as a whole are never centered around what is a personal classic. It's always what's a general consensus classic.

I might be wrong but I could've sworn back in the day when the source was giving mic ratings, they had the album for a considerable amount of time so their review could be ready for the next months publication.

I doubt they listened to it once then handed in the review the next day

These days, because of how quickly we consume music, everyone is quick to call something a classic after 3 secs of an intro

Cole playing on ESPNn and tha announcers just said “Cole has come in and changed tha whole energy of tha game off tha bench...this is why they went out and got him!!!”

:lol10:

I guess we all know who wears open toe leather sandals at the picnics. 21 Savage top five from the south.

Off first listen this album is 4/5. I like KOD better as of now.

But you know these conversations as a whole are never centered around what is a personal classic. It's always what's a general consensus classic.

I might be wrong but I could've sworn back in the day when the source was giving mic ratings, they had the album for a considerable amount of time so their review could be ready for the next months publication.

I doubt they listened to it once then handed in the review the next day

These days, because of how quickly we consume music, everyone is quick to call something a classic after 3 secs of an intro

Ahhh...but this where I think you’re wrong bruh...

In today’s world it’s completely probable and pretty easily justifiable to universally deem summin a viable “instant classic” because of tha “hated” social media...even with as little as 100 “influencers” or athletes or actors or whoever get as few as 10000 of their millions and millions of fans to agree/like their “post” saying “Yoooo!! This new so n so 🔥!! #instantclassic💪🏽🔥🤞🏽(Or w/e tf niggaz post on social media lol)

Anywway quick math say a million people have just considered summin that came out at midnight a classic by breakfast ....

Back