Welcome To aBlackWeb

J. Cole - Snow On Tha Bluff

Middle Child sounds that much better after all this bullshit. I'll be damned if cancel culture will sink its teeth into hip hop. Especially not this brotha.

Dawg,

Stop this New Age Shea Butter shit.

Homegirl put a tweet saying rappers aren't being revolutionaries in today's time.
Cole said was "since you know more than I, TEACH us....not look down and be condescending."
Noname took that as a shot and claimed "patriarchy."

giphy.gif

Ridiculous.

Fuckin innanets. They should've just sat down and talk that through instead of this goofy shit.
this to me shows what the real intentions are.

you cant scream from the rooftops then when someone says teach me......you think its a dis.

this is too much negative energy.

thats the only way someone can see an invite as a problem

She apologized

I don't understand what made her think antagonizing the people she wanted help from would motivate them? Especially when the people she was poppin shit to make a living from using their words through music to move people.

A call to arms from her peers would have been far more effective. But maybe that's not what she wanted in the first place.

I just don’t get why migraine keep screaming teach us. That don’t seem a lil insulting to you?

It would be insulting were this a white person asking a black person to teach them about racism.
It would be insulting were this a man asking a woman to teach him about sexism and patriarchy.

This is none of the above. It's a man responding to what he, with good reason, perceived to be a public slight. As soon as she posted that original tweet the replies that day were filled with people @'ing Cole and Kendrick. In fact, the people that we've seen become distraught over this were amongst the very people doing the @'ing so I can't understand the notion that Cole forced a shoe to fit. The narrative has become Cole was a hit dog hollering but let's all be real... "top-selling" rapper in 2020 isn't all that large a group to begin with so adding "conscious rapper" only slims the pickings even further.

With that said... he took it as a slight and still humbled himself enough to admit his shortcomings and flaws. The song more or less says:

"I'm not going to lie. I felt disrespected by the means which you took to call out what you perceived as inaction from me or my peers. However, the root message was received and caused me to self-reflect and identify areas where I can improve so I'm coming to you with an open mind. Since you're better equipped with this than myself and others you should use your tools and knowledge to lead and 'speak to' as opposed to 'speaking down.' People aren't born enlightened and you had to journey to reach your enlightenment. Understanding that others also have to make that journey requires patience. Equip them with the tools needed to make it there."

I say all that to say... ultimately, teaching is guidance. No one is ever too old to learn so for damn sure no one is ever too old to be taught. Especially taught by your own people. Only in 2020 can someone be vilified for asking for guidance. And shame on anyone thinking themselves too enlightened or too good to teach their brothers or sisters.

We're talking about J. Cole... not some lost cause. If you're the type of person that believes in such a thing.

Last edited:
That feminist shit only works for white women and will be the main reason why a lot of black women stay single and not married and end up having babies by fuck niggas but y’all not ready for that conversation it’s literally made to keep us separated when it comes down to our race. But go ahead and say I’m dumb or don’t know what I’m talking about but Black women weren’t made to be feminists.
make the thread and we can talk about it.

its not about being dumb.......thats your stance.

His position is even clearer when you consider that this is the same man that made a record about the Lil Pump's of the world and then sat down with Lil Pump in an attempt to TEACH him the importance of messaging. He didn't ask for anything that he himself isn't willing to do.

A proper man/woman doesn't scold and then think themselves above teaching and guiding someone toward the right direction.

28 minute mark.

His position is even clearer when you consider that this is the same man that made a record about the Lil Pump's of the world and then sat down with Lil Pump in an attempt to TEACH him the importance of messaging. He didn't ask for anything that he himself isn't willing to do.

A proper man/woman doesn't scold and then think themselves above teaching and guiding someone toward the right direction.

28 minute mark.

humble is the key word.

i respect him for even asking to be shown...alot of people wont.
but i kinda am ok with her apology.....the issue is she could have turned off alot of people. not because of her initial statement but how she took it as a slight. an all those who agreed with her slight......they need to be side eyed.

28 minute mark.

humble is the key word.

i respect him for even asking to be shown...alot of people wont.
but i kinda am ok with her apology.....the issue is she could have turned off alot of people. not because of her initial statement but how she took it as a slight. an all those who agreed with her slight......they need to be side eyed.
You and I both know the type of people who agree with her slight have been on a very specific agenda for a very long time:

Disruption and agitation

The Black Lives Matter organization is a prime example of that. Let's be real about this as men. Who do you see by and large in classrooms across the country "teaching"? You know the answer and I've always shuddered at the thought that some of the loud mouthed 'I'm right because I yell louder' kids I went to school with would eventually go into education. Not all were called upon to teach because not all are equipped or interested in teaching. Teaching is an art that you have to learn how do. You don't just get knowledge and suddenly you know how to dispense that knowledge to others.

You have to know how to nurture. How to be patient. How to construct your message with a relatable and inviting tone. You have to know that whenever you try to teach, there will be a mixed audience of people who learn in different ways and respond to different stimuli. But to do all that, you have to have empathy.

That's what these disruptive agitators have absolutely none of. Whether it's BLM, feminists, LGBT groups, etc., they dont care about critical engagement. That's why they see "teach me" as an insult because they are only there to tear down, not build up. That's what Cole did with Pump which is probably because of his own educational background.

Its clout chasing when ppl want the acknowledgement for the message more than they want the meaning of the message understood

Back