Welcome To aBlackWeb

OUT NOW J. Cole - KOD

So niggas mad at a no feature album.....go listen to a DJ khaled album then

Cats always wanna go to extremes with shit. Nobody asking for a feature every record or even most records. On FHD the no feature thing wasn’t forced. Now I feel like he gassed off the platinum with no features meme and running the well dry.

And to you and the nosign crew. Give me all these great hip hop albums with zero features. List em, go ahead..

I speak nothing but truth, plus who gives af lol Yall this nigga's guard dog? Fuck krit.

I speak nothing but truth, plus who gives af lol Yall this nigga's guard dog? Fuck krit.
GrpGD5.gif

But anyway....

If he really made the whole album in 2 weeks i think its safe to say this album will prolly be all Cole no features again.

dont know if this has been discussed and im not reading the whole thread

but judging from the titles and him choosing 4/20 to drop, idk I feel like he's about to be on some heavy anti drug shit

could be just shots at new rappers but I know he's more layered than that

......that being said I'll prolly check this shit saturday

OK since KRIT and K. Dot were brought into this thread...

I prefer both over Cole... Nigga hasn't won me over at all with his music. I've tried man... The 'boring' mantra could be jokes but I think it sticks with him

For example.. All three released albums in 2017 right? Kendrick's of course was the highlight, I loved KRIT's shit too and replayed it but Coles shit just got forgotten

Jim Jones new interview on why he passed on signing Cole

“J. Cole didn’t have a team when they came to me,” Jones said. “He didn’t have a team, it was just J. Cole rapping.”

The veteran Harlem rapper went on to reveal that Cole — who later signed with JAY-Z’s Roc Nation — was rapping a lot like Drake, and that his style was very different to what it is today. Cole released his debut album, Cole World: The Sideline Story, in 2011.

“A little light-skinned kid coming to the studio every day rapping like Drake,” Jones continued. “And at that point it was Drake [and] niggas didn’t know what to do with no Drake. Drake was just a phenomenon at that point. Shit, you can’t have two of them right now. As you see, it took him a few years after that to kind of find his place and what he wanted to do. He ain’t rapping like Drake no more but when he was in my studio he was.”

https://hiphopdx.com/news/id.46535/title.jim-jones-explains-why-he-passed-on-signing-j-cole

:bigdummy:

yeah no excuses on that one lol

if I got a lil uzi vert jr or the baby migos on my hands we bout to sell a milli idc what the game says

he was looking at shit like a rapper

coulda been gettin gravy by now

Back