Welcome To aBlackWeb

OUT NOW J. Cole - KOD

"Friends" hits close to home like a mf
I felt like he was talkin down to me on that track.

I was listening thinkin Cole needa get off his high horse on this album.

artworks-000045875099-5jwzry-original.jpg

This album represents a moment in Hip-Hop history and thus far Jermaine is the first to make an album explicitly speaking to the drug craze that permeates rap right now. Where Kendrick Lamar attacked social ills such as racism and lack of perspective regarding priorities/religion, Cole criticizes this ambition to get money and live a life of excess as an escapism through drugs and lack of vision.

This IS J.Cole's magnum opus and I know niggas will hate this shit but I think that in 3-5 years this album will be looked at as J. Cole's official classic album within his catalogue. This is an incredible album that not only sounds great but challenges the culture to take a hard look at itself and what it's become. Cole was smart keeping the name so ambiguous. This is his equivalent to TPAB for his catalogue.

The term classic gets thrown around a lot and most albums fail to live up to the title but in terms of social subliminals, underlying themes, delivery, meaning and of course the music, I personally believe this is it for J. Cole. Now we just need Wale to stop crying and give us the type of quality we know he's capable of.....

I was with u up until "Wale"

:tuh:

I felt like he was talkin down to me on that track.

I was listening thinkin Cole needa get off his high horse on this album.

artworks-000045875099-5jwzry-original.jpg

Man that's one of the soundtracks to my life. I be trying to put my niggas on and make business moves but these niggas stuck on the same shit, battlin depression and getting high to run away from the shit, shits sad to watch , after a while i just had to distance myself.

He's smart AF for not naming who the rapper is he's talking about. This album is gonna have a loooot of niggas in their feelings and hit dog Gon holla so I'm sure we'll find out soon enough.

What if he's talking about Future ???
These guys are in the industry whoever Cole is talking about knows already and that person may have very well threw some shots at Cole first.

Fam I can't stand wale but objectively the nigga is talented and we've been waiting over 10 years for him to take over the game and drop that ground breaking piece of work. We've only seen glimmers of it so we know it's there (like Goku seeing Son Gohan's potential in the HBTC). He just has to leave MMG, find a sound and flow, decide on a theme and run with it.

Wale needs to put on a record how and what he really thinks about society, racism, industry bullshit, being underrated, etc. And not care about what the label thinks. He needs an album that's entirely introspective. I think Ross is to blame for that cuz Ross said on Breakfast club once he felt Wale don't focus hard enough on making radio bangers when that's mostly what he's chased all these years SMMFH. Cole even ethered him about that.
...lost me at "goku"

From first impressions... better than the last shit. It ain’t flawless by any means but it’s still a good album.

Back