Welcome To aBlackWeb

OUT NOW J. Cole - KOD

images

I see what you did there

Fun fact.........you'll hear Kendrick in NC before you hear Cole. Little Brother never got airplay here but they're world reknown in other places.

Listened last night...great album from first impression

1985...whoever he was talking about...he flamed him
Seriously I think it might not even be to one particular rapper but these new guys as a collective

Dont think he went str8 edge but he def is pointing out a problem amongs our youth that is being perpetuated....

aight...im with @CeLLar-DooR, album is decent

its not bad at all

to me, the fun doesnt start until "kevin's heart" and each song gets better after, but to me, it struggled to get out the starting block

my criticism of Cole remains...im just not feeling him when he sings. Not sure what the intended effect is supposed to be, but it really brings a lot of his production down b/c his ass too cheap to pay for features, at least the RnB variety.

might give it another listen, but its probably not gon be in rotation for the rest of the year

Plays like one long bridge. So much of the album is Cole spittin' over no drums. Its not for me and wont help him with his boring tag. Better than the last but this talk of classic is a joke ting

6.5/10

Over no drums? Nigga he rapped over trap beats for damn near the whole album lol df kinda version of the album did u cop?

Bout to press this up and listen on the way to and from work

Cole never really done it for me(not saying i didnt like the album or albums i heard). im not one of those cats that need a gimmick but he just never had that quaility where i wanted to play the hell out of his shit.. most definitely one of the most talented cats out there though.

Not saying it’s impossible but you really didn’t like the album?
for me personally, i gave it an honest listen

disregarding my previous feelings about his projects

my biggest criticism is his singing, and even with that, i was able to still look past it when he does it on this album

but like i said, for me, the album really doesnt get going until "kevin's heart", and then it only got better after that. Like literally, every song was better than the song that came before it

but i should've stuck to my new rating system and just saig "i dont think this is for me"

and my comment was to Goldie lol

Back