Welcome To aBlackWeb

it takes a village to raise a child?

It does take a village but imma fall back on this one.

cuz that let em cook unchecked gave the black community major issues.

Stupid ass shit.

I don’t think any parent who knows the people in the village very well has an issue with those particular people correcting their children.

Who the hell would choose someone to surround their kids and have a true issue with them correcting them. If they don’t trust their judgement they wouldn’t be in this “village”.

Yes.

Our “village” is my mother, father, sister, mother in law and father in law.

Ain’t most folks likely that? I don’t get it.

You should care....they fucked yo kids can harm yours or you.
This not the 60's or 70's where close knit communities were normal. I don't go out of my way to get to know my neighbors for them to want to discipline my kids or to do it to theirs.

Yes.

Our “village” is my mother, father, sister, mother in law and father in law.

Ain’t most folks likely that? I don’t get it.
Some people come from broken homes. Some have issues with their families. So not everyone can go to their relatives for support

Some people come from broken homes. Some have issues with their families. So not everyone can go to their relatives for support

Excuse me, where did I say everybody? Point hat out to me please.

I said most. And yes most folks have more than just 1 parent. They have friends they trust or mother they trust.

What we doing here bruh

Stupid ass shit.

I don’t think any parent who knows the people in the village very well has an issue with those particular people correcting their children.

Who the hell would choose someone to surround their kids and have a true issue with them correcting them. If they don’t trust their judgement they wouldn’t be in this “village”.

If we talking village as in your local neighborhood then part of the change has been people simply don't know the people they live around as well as past generations did. Like my childhood friends have always and still call my dad "Dad" not Mr *insert our last name* and I call their parents the same because we all knew each other that well. My parents knew if I was at one of my friend's houses that there were rules in place same as in our house. People don't really have that same connection with their neighbors anymore

I guess it depends on where you live. That village concept means a lot more if you in a tight ass urban situation. I’m in suburbia and even though my neighbors seem like good people, I still don’t know any of these folks personally. I respect them and we cool and cordial, but they not going to discipline my kids and vice versa.

If I see one of theirs doing some fuck shit I’ll put them onto game as I’d hope they’d do the same, but that’s up to them to handle it at that point.

Although rare…close knit communities still do exist. So there are still “villages” out there

but yeah for the most part like homie said the modern “village” is one’s support system

Excuse me, where did I say everybody? Point hat out to me please.

I said most. And yes most folks have more than just 1 parent. They have friends they trust or mother they trust.

What we doing here bruh

Well according to some in the last thread about friendships...nah they don't have friends lol

Back