Welcome To aBlackWeb

ghostdenithegawd

Yuuuuuurrrr
http://collider.com/it-2-cast-bill-hader-james-mcavoy/

, snap! What a delightful piece of casting news. As we learned earlier today, IT: Chapter 2 is rolling into production this summer, and as expected, the casting is rolling in quick. THR reports that X-Men star James McAvoy and SNL vet Bill Hader are in talks to join the film.

Hader has been a fan-casting favorite for the part as adult Richie Tozier since audiences saw Finn Wolfhard‘s portrayal in the first film, and guess what, not everything is terrible, sometimes dreams come true, and Hader might just end up in the role. That excellent news is matched by the unexpected but equally welcome word that McAvoy is in negotiations to play the adult Bill Denbrough. Jaeden Lieberher played the character in the first film as the young, stuttering leader of the Losers who discovers the ancient evil in Derry, Maine while hunting for his missing brother.

Image via Warner Bros.

If the deals close, McAvoy and Hader would join Jessica Chastain, who is on board to play Beverly Marsh, originated in the first film by scene-stealerSophia Lillis. It: Chapter 2will reunite Chastain with director Andy Muschiettiand producer Barbara Muschietti, who previously worked with the Oscar-nominated actress on the 2013 ghost story Mama. Hader, McAvoy and Chastain all previously worked together on The Disappearance of Eleanor Rigby. In addition to the adult cast, the young actors from the first film are expected to reprise their roles for flashbacks alongside Bill Skarsgård as Pennywise the Clown.

The sequel will pick up with the Losers 27 years after the events of the first film, when the memories of their traumatic summer start returning and they’re forced to head back to Derry to do battle with evil once again. Screenwriter Gary Dauberman, the New Line favorite who reworked Cary Fukunaga and Chase Palmer’s original script for Chapter 1, is returning to write the script. Producers Dan Lin and Roy Lee and executive producers Seth Grahame-Smith and David Katzenberg are also returning.

Chapter 2 is scheduled to head into production this July before arriving in theaters on September 6, 2019.

Perfect casting imo

Objectively the original wasn't very good and hasn't aged well. The remake was 10000x better in every way.

@MJ DOOM summed it up perfectly LOLOL. It is The rated R version of The goonies LOOOOLLLLOOOLLL

Cool. Imma check it then.

Wasnt sure if he meant that as a good thing or a bad thing.

Objectively the original wasn't very good and hasn't aged well. The remake was 10000x better in every way.

@MJ DOOM summed it up perfectly LOLOL. It is The rated R version of The goonies LOOOOLLLLOOOLLL

You my dude Sion but talk about a complete misuse of "objectively". This is as subjective an opinion as I've ever seen.

Now I haven't seen that joint in years. Can't speak on how it aged. Im a fan of the book and truthfully enjoy it much more than either but "objectively not very good"?

Find me another TV mini series from the early 1990s that matches the production values, cast and scope of that mini? In the context of being what it is (a mini series from 1990 a time where TV was much more restricted and limited than today as well as filled with mediocre cast members) it was always pretty exceptional.

So much so that none of the subsequent King adaptation minis that followed it's success ever really lived up to IT's quality.

You don't have to blatantly diss the other one just to prop up this one. It's not a competition. There is room for liking both.

Bill haders been on a role. I can see him as Stan or whoever the funny kid was. Doesnt Stan kill himself when they're older though? Like before they even go back to derry? Can't remember who kills themself lol

Bill haders been on a role. I can see him as Stan or whoever the funny kid was. Doesnt Stan kill himself when they're older though? Like before they even go back to derry? Can't remember who kills themself lol

Stan wasn't the funny kid and yes he does kill himself. It's the one role that should be cast really famous so that people end up shocked.

Who's playing the black kid? And why am I the first person asking this?

Back