Welcome To aBlackWeb

Is this an apples to apples comparison??

^^ And I’m aware that’s not the case here because KR didn’t live there.

No, that's not the case here because there was no riot. People have to stop spreading the narrative that the protests were a bunch of riots. Again, the FBI itself has admitted that over 90% of the protests were nonviolent and that the protesters didn't start the violence in many of the protests that became violence. Also, many of the actual riots where looting and destruction took place were often blocks away from the protests and were not a part of the protests. They actually happened because of all police attention given to the protests.

No, that's not the case here because there was no riot. People have to stop spreading the narrative that the protests were a bunch of riots. Again, the FBI itself has admitted that over 90% of the protests were nonviolent and that the protesters didn't start the violence in many of the protests that became violence. Also, many of the actual riots where looting and destruction took place were often blocks away from the protests and were not a part of the protests. They actually happened because of all police attention given to the protests.

In this case they were riots though. I think there were official protests during the day. Then there were riots at night, so they put in a curfew, and there was a lot of riot-ish behavior during those night hours.

In Kenosha cars, businesses, government buildings, apartments, houses were all set on fire in addition to looting. What’s a riot to you?

In this case they were riots though. I think there were official protests during the day. Then there were riots at night, so they put in a curfew, and there was a lot of riot-ish behavior during those night hours.
In Kenosha cars, businesses, government buildings, apartments, houses were all set on fire in addition to looting. What’s a riot to you?

Were they rioting when KR was out there walking around with his gun?

Fair enough. I didn't know or remember that part.

That impact how bad you think how actions were? There were peaceful protests during the day that he didn't show up to. He only showed up to during the riot to stop property destruction.

Still could be a troublesome presence, but is it less racist? He wasn't counter protesting.

That impact how bad you think how actions were? There were peaceful protests during the day that he didn't show up to. He only showed up to during the riot to stop property destruction.

Still could be a troublesome presence, but is it less racist? He wasn't counter protesting.

I still don't think he should have been there, but it at least gives his proposed defense more credence. At the end of the day KR isn't that important to me, the hit job the media and right wingers did on the protests is what was fucked up. KR was just one face of that. Had he skated and faded away, then people might not care as much. But he basically parlayed his actions in to fame and money afterwards. He allowed himself to be painted as a hero for what he did, and that's not going to sit right with people.

I still don't think he should have been there, but it at least gives his proposed defense more credence. At the end of the day KR isn't that important to me, the hit job the media and right wingers did on the protests is what was fucked up. KR was just one face of that. Had he skated and faded away, then people might not care as much. But he basically parlayed his actions in to fame and money afterwards. He allowed himself to be painted as a hero for what he did, and that's not going to sit right with people.

Agreed. I think the media on both sides used him as a pawn to push the agenda and narratives they wanted. @AP3.0 isn't the only one that probably still thinks he shot black people.

Back