Welcome To aBlackWeb

Is there a superhero movie fatigue?

Please get off this revisionist BS that all these indie movies and low budget films were these big hits once upon time.

Big names and big budgets have always been draws. Then, just like now, a few breakthrough

Not superhero fatigue but there is a quality and lack of maturity fatigue I think

WTF does that even mean
There's a certain aethstetic to superhero films that are just stale at this point. Jokes are used but it's not used for levity or to calm a portion of a film down but instead just jokes for the sake of being a joke. A genuine heart is missing with some of them. Across the Spider-verse legitimately did everything you could ask for in a superhero film.

I don't think it's fatigue. I just think some aren't being made well. Marvel has trouble with forcing too much humor while DC has a bunch of problems

There's a certain aethstetic to superhero films that are just stale at this point. Jokes are used but it's not used for levity or to calm a portion of a film down but instead just jokes for the sake of being a joke. A genuine heart is missing with some of them. Across the Spider-verse legitimately did everything you could ask for in a superhero film.
A19928DC-DC46-405D-8461-881DB0711190.jpeg

It says a lot when some trash barbie movie does numbers at the box office.

The bar is extremely low.
I'm not saying every movie that does a billion is good, theres definitely trash in that group...but how often does a movie put up that kind of numbers? Even if you dont like it theres gotta be something about it that makes it sell like that when most movies don't. If the bar was extremely low wouldn't more movies be doing numbers like that?

The DCEU brand is tainted and the MCU is running on reputation for a while but if the mid continues they’ll find themselves in DC’s shoes real soon. People will still support comic book movies but they are feeling manufactured and paint by the numbers these days.

Back