Welcome To aBlackWeb

Is the conscious community frauds?

ppl also forget Talib Kweli was detained and probed by the government as well :/

wouldnt be shocked if this has happened to a lot of Black ppl

View attachment 244713

I used to work out of the country during and for a while after 9/11 happened. I've been in that room in the airport a few times. It's not that hard to do. Just be not white and kinda nervous and a little grumpy after a long flight or train ride and you got a 50/50 shot of having that lovely experience.

Never got stripsearched though even though the threat was always on the table.

So a bunch of stuff that was meant for everybody and black people benefits by default? That is not specific to black people and lol at HBCU’s they’re mostly ran by white folks.
Alright cool so where's Tariq's list to compare and contrast?

My nigga, you getting pimped by the dude who claim to fame is writing "how to get girls" books. like what. in. the. actual. fuck?! You can't see the play?! This nigga was on MTV Made bro! Like he is literally a poverty pimp. Like an actual pimp who plays on the impoverished.

We gotta do better than this--- I list a dozen or show quality of life stats that improved for BLACK PEOPLE while Obama was president, you gonna smooth brush them off so you can ride with the esteemed author of *checks notes* "The art of mackin'"??? You are literally ---and I can't express this enough--- letting a self-proclaimed pimp steal your mind. He ain't did shit but tweet about it. He told you he was a pimp and then proceeded to exploit the vulnerabilities of the weak----like a pimp----and you out here fallin for it. Only on the goddamn internet would you see a black man dismiss the FIRST BLACK PRESIDENT to instead promote a social media pimp.

what im saying is, if he cared enough he would at least have something going on locally. mans doesn't even have an after school program.

funny thing is a lot of niggas in philly dont know who he is and cant tell u what hes done.

thats how u know hes not for the ppl. he aint connecting with the folks that need his help the most.
I don’t know about all that so you may be right. All I know is that he seems to have his head in the right place but he’s in over his head.

My nigga, you getting pimped by the dude who claim to fame is writing "how to get girls" books. like what. in. the. actual. fuck?! You can't see the play?! This nigga was on MTV Made bro! Like he is literally a poverty pimp. Like an actual pimp who plays on the impoverished.

We gotta do better than this--- I list a dozen or show quality of life stats that improved for BLACK PEOPLE while Obama was president, you gonna smooth brush them off so you can ride with the esteemed author of *checks notes* "The art of mackin'"??? You are literally ---and I can't express this enough--- letting a self-proclaimed pimp steal your mind. He ain't did shit but tweet about it. He told you he was a pimp and then proceeded to exploit the vulnerabilities of the weak----like a pimp----and you out here fallin for it. Only on the goddamn internet would you see a black man dismiss the FIRST BLACK PRESIDENT to instead promote a social media pimp.

While we're at it... has he ever even pimpeth a ho? Can we believe anything this guy says?

He’s helped black families pay for funerals, helped fund schools in Africa, brought water filters to Haiti, donated to needy families in impoverished communities.

I used to work out of the country during and for a while after 9/11 happened. I've been in that room in the airport a few times. It's not that hard to do. Just be not white and kinda nervous and a little grumpy after a long flight or train ride and you got a 50/50 shot of having that lovely experience.

Never got stripsearched though even though the threat was always on the table.

Tariq was probably in that room acting obnoxious, looking foolish quoting the bylaws from his hidden color dvds and thats why hes banned

“cracka you know who I iz, unhand me!!”

Alright cool. So do this, before we elect the next black leader of anything---research him or her or whomever. We a motivated people who all want to do better, but we keep letting the slick toungued motherfuckers in who hit us with some soothing words and leave us with empty pockets. We can all agree on that. Preacher always drive away in a Cadillac. These dudes ain't shit and in the time we have been waiting on them to convert their numerous donations into progress we could have been done for ourselves.

Join the NAACP, join the national black chamber of commerce, join the The National Coalition of 100 Black Women. Get involved with the organizations that are in existence that are doing the work. We got the numbers right here to drive membership drives that can change the faces of existing organizations and use those apparatuses to our benefit. Get in the game, change the game, win the game. If the dude you biggin' up ain't DOING SOMETHING, then you on the wrong team, simple and plain. All love, no disrespect.

Alright cool. So do this, before we elect the next black leader of anything---research him or her or whomever. We a motivated people who all want to do better, but we keep letting the slick toungued motherfuckers in who hit us with some soothing words and leave us with empty pockets. We can all agree on that. Preacher always drive away in a Cadillac. These dudes ain't shit and in the time we have been waiting on them to convert their numerous donations into progress we could have been done for ourselves.

Join the NAACP, join the national black chamber of commerce, join the The National Coalition of 100 Black Women. Get involved with the organizations that are in existence that are doing the work. We got the numbers right here to drive membership drives that can change the faces of existing organizations and use those apparatuses to our benefit. Get in the game, change the game, win the game. If the dude you biggin' up ain't DOING SOMETHING, then you on the wrong team, simple and plain. All love, no disrespect.

Nah bruh. We watch youtube videos over here.

What Obama did:
The President enacted permanent expansions of the Earned Income Tax Credit and Child Tax Credit, which together now provide about 2 million African-American working families with an average tax cut of about $1,000 each.

The poverty rate for African Americans fell faster in 2015 than in any year since 1999. While the poverty rate fell for across all racial and ethnic groups this year, it fell 2.1 percentage points (p.p.) for African Americans, resulting in 700,000 fewer African Americans in poverty.

Since the start of Affordable Care Act's first open enrollment period at the end of 2013, the uninsured rate among non-elderly African Americans has declined by more than half. Over that period, about 3 million uninsured nonelderly, African-American adults gained health coverage.

Teen pregnancy among African-American women is at an historic low. The birth rate per 1,000 African-American teen females has fallen from 60.4 in 2008, before President Obama entered office, to 34.9 in 2014.

Life expectancy at birth is the highest it’s ever been for African Americans. In 2014, life expectancy at birth was 72.5 years for African-American males and 78.4 for African-American females, the highest point in the historical series for both genders.

The high school graduation rate for African-American students is at its highest point in history. In the 2013-2014 academic year, 72.5 percent of African-American public high school students graduated within four years

The U.S. Department of Education (ED) is responsible for funding more than $4 billion for HBCUs each year.

Pell Grant funding for HBCU students increased significantly between 2007 and 2014, growing from $523 million to $824 million.

The incarceration rates for African-American men and women fell during each year of the Obama Administration and are at their lowest points in over two decades. The imprisonment rates for African-American men and women were at their lowest points since the early 1990s and late 1980s, respectively, of 2014, the latest year for which Bureau of Justice Statistics data are available.

President Obama has made 62 lifetime appointments of African Americans to serve on the federal bench.

What Tariq did:
View attachment 244712

King flex indeed.

Most of that is stuff black folks happened to fall into.
Or "trickled down results" as Tariq would say.
None of that appears to be a policy specifically aimed at solving a black issue.
They are policies for "people of color" as they say.
Which can still leave room for blacks to get skipped over btw.

The gripe with Obama is that other specific groups did get policies for problems specific to them.
Black people did not appear to get that.

The other thing is that little was done to punish unjust killings by police during his term.
This was probably the most publicized issue the black community had while Obama was in office.
What he did do was increase the power police would have with the "Blue Alert" bill while the killings were going on.
Not a good look when cops are already having a kill-a-nigga lottery in the streets.

Back