FEATURED Is Nelly’s catalog worth 50 Million?

test

this was his last hit in 2010 after years of duds
it peaked #3 on the hot 100 and went triple plat

the song is cheeks, but a hit is a hit

Nelly missed a shot at transfering to country music and riding success there for years. White people already loved him and shit wasnt too bad when he would do those style country songs

Reactions: onetoughmiracle
Since his buzz fell off and he is getting older i feel its a great deal. In his prime his catalog would be $500 million. And the fact that he still own 50% makes it a wonderful deal

I need yall to show some gat damn respeck to the nigga that brought Apple Bottom! The women who was rockin them jeans...clawd have mercy.

I still remember the contest he had on VH1 where he was searching for an Apple Bottom model. A sight to see

Idk if it’s Nelly’s situation, but a lot of these artists are leasing the rights to their music for X amount of years.

$50 mill for 5 years for example isn’t bad.

Reactions: onetoughmiracle
I still bang Nelly records from time to time...

His records bring back great nostalgia, especially 'Dilemma' and 'Ride Wit Me'...

'Country Grammar' went hard too:

I'm goin' down, down baby, yo' street in a Range Rover
Street sweeper baby, cocked ready to let it go'

Last edited:
Never was a fan of dude's music so to me hell no it's not worth that much but if somebody dumb enough to pay that amount he would have been a fool to not take it

Reactions: 5 Grand
I was about to type that Hot In Here alone is worth $50 million.

But now that I think about it, that song was a sample, I'm not sure how much of that song belongs to Nelly's catalog and how much of that song belongs to Chuck Brown and the Soul Searchers.

I love those stories of how these niggaz can retire and sell off their catalogs.

I would have thought Nelly would get more though.... Nigga had a good 10 year run

Nelly missed a shot at transfering to country music and riding success there for years. White people already loved him and shit wasnt too bad when he would do those style country songs
I thought he did. I knew he was messing with it... And I always knew their was money in that run... It just wasn't for me, so I never paid attention to it he made the transition. I always hoped he did

Surprised it's not more considering he was able to branch out to other genres well and still make hits

He had everyone wearing air force ones and a bunch of other trends

Hot in Herre should easily net him $ 10 million dollars alone, that song has been played in so many commercials , tv shows and movies.

Hot in Herre should easily net him $ 10 million dollars alone, that song has been played in so many commercials , tv shows and movies.
Yeah but it's a sample of this song, so how much is Hot In Herre worth?

And if his biggest song is a sample, then how much is the rest of the catalog worth?