Welcome To aBlackWeb

Is naming a boy anything past the third weird or nah?

AP2.5

I was really really tryna keep it PG
Site Administrator
I know it used to be pretty standard to have up to like 8 men with the same name in a bloodline but that was a long ass time ago.

Now it seems like it's making a comeback. Just saw usher has a son named "Cinco" bc he's the 5th usher Raymond.

I'm a Jr. and I know a few 3rds or " Tre's"... But how many men have to have the same name before it gets wack? Or do y'all think they should have up to 20 if they want?

Discuss

They can have as many as they want. Cuz I already think Jrs and 3rds are wack. And since that’s the case, fuck it, pile on as many as ya want.

Last edited:
Im a second. If I have a son, I would like to make him a III. If i had two sons, I would name the othet different. Dont want both kids with the same name

Im a second. If I have a son, I would like to make him a III. If i had two sons, I would name the othet different. Dont want both kids with the same name
Ok so if each generation has a son I could see this but if you as a generation have like 4 boys and all of them have the same name, and you have to make up names to differentiate them, why not just give them different names at birth?

I knew some African niggas. Father was named Amo, oldest son was named Amo, little brother named Amo.

They got that shit off. 🤷🏿‍♂️

I knew some African niggas. Father was named Amo, oldest son was named Amo, little brother named Amo.

They got that shit off. 🤷🏿‍♂️
Ok so Jr and Tre

I can see that working bc I know he's not calling them both Amo right?

Ok so Jr and Tre

I can see that working bc I know he's not calling them both Amo right?

No. They only went by Amo. Never saw them or their parents or their sister refer to them as anything else. No juniors, seniors, middle names, nicknames, nothing.

Ok so if each generation has a son I could see this but if you as a generation have like 4 boys and all of them have the same name, and you have to make up names to differentiate them, why not just give them different names at birth?

So who does that besides George Foreman? Like if I’m Colin my son is Colin Jr and his son is Colin III. But my sons brother wouldn’t be Colin IV. That’s weird if you name people in the same generation the same first name.

So who does that besides George Foreman? Like if I’m Colin my son is Colin Jr and his son is Colin III. But my sons brother wouldn’t be Colin IV. That’s weird if you name people in the same generation the same first name.
I didn't even think of this scenario

Back