Is money unnecessary?

How would we eat?
What he's saying is that money as a concept is bs, he's right, but we're far from having system like that realized for another 100-200 years from now. The problem is humans would have to completely change the way we think which is to have more, more, and more and disregarding the interests of others.

The most realistic way it would happen is something like star trek, there's free school, food, housing etc. but if you want more you'd have to commit yourself to the better of human civilization. Of course in the star trek universe the humans there have been through like centuries of wars and destruction so I guess that made humans more focused and caring.

Last edited:
What he's saying is that money as a concept is bs, he's right, but we're far from having system like that realized for another 100-200 years from now. The problem is humans would have to completely change the way we think which is to have more, more, and more and disregarding the interest of others.

The most realistic way it would happen is something like star trek, there's free school, food, housing etc. but if you want more you'd have to commit yourself to the better of human civilization. Of course in the star trek universe the humans there have been through like centuries of wars and destruction so I guess that made humans more focused and caring.

I know. I actually agree with him. I just wanted to see what his answers would be.

Plants trade resource for resource through things like photosynthesis. Lions trade resource for resource as well with the agreement between the lion and its pride. Also every cell and molecule in that lion is trading resource for resource and turning it into energy. The remains of the gazelle are giving resources to the earth and fertilizing it which will cause something to grow that will eventually give its resources as energy and by me continuing to harvest that food that grew, stimulates more growth.

On a human being level we trade resource for resource with the trees. They inhale (CO2) what we exhale and we inhale (oxygen) what they exhale. The sun provides energy to almost everything on this planet for free or as a gift.
Plants and humans aren't trading resources we're not consciously offering them to each other. What your describing is a natural process that we as a species indirectly benefit from.

Also what resource are the lions you mentioned trading with each other? Protection?

The specific you mention are instances of how various organism survive and coexist, the benefits are secondary to their primary goal of survival. It's a very interesting view of life no doubt, but it all comes apart when you apply it humans roughly 7 billion of us and counting.

Reactions: Golden
Plants and humans aren't trading resources we're not consciously offering them to each other. What your describing is a natural process that we as a species indirectly benefit from.

Also what resource are the lions you mentioned trading with each other? Protection?

The specific you mention are instances of how various organism survive and coexist, the benefits are secondary to their primary goal of survival. It's a very interesting view of life no doubt, but it all comes apart when you apply it humans roughly 7 billion of us and counting.

We benefit from it because we are trading with it, whether it's a conscious action or not doesn't really matter because the trade was made or the gift was given.

I don't know the agreements between the lions but I know they are in alignment with their natural order and thrive since their existence.

How can it come apart if it's applied to humans, being that barter-gift is a principle within every single molecule in our being? On the contrary, it all comes together when it's applied to humans because we are the only ones who have removed ourselves from this natural process.

The irony in this is that it would take an insane amount of money to even attempt to make this possible.

It would literally take zero dollars for us to start trading resource for resource with each other. On a corporate and governmental level we might have to trade with money, but when trading with each other as a people and as individuals we can choose to trade whatever we want for whatever we agree to.

We benefit from it because we are trading with it, whether it's a conscious action or not doesn't really matter because the trade was made or the gift was given.

I don't know the agreements between the lions but I know they are in alignment with their natural order and thrive since their existence.

How can it come apart if it's applied to humans, being that barter-gift is a principle within every single molecule in our being? On the contrary, it all comes together when it's applied to humans because we are the only ones who have removed ourselves from this natural process.
All of that falls apart when it comes to humans because there are 7 billion of us and counting, we can't go back to that lifestyle because we had to abandon it because of our increasing numbers, once our tribes became to big to be sustained on pure trade. Hence why currency was invented so people didn't have to already own a resource to be able to trade for themselves. What if I want some wheat from the local farmer but I don't have anything he'd want to trade it for? Without currency I'm S.O.L but with it I can buy the wheat and he can use the money to buy something he doesn't have. See why we abandoned trade based societies so long ago? Once things get so big that system falls apart.

Last edited:
Reactions: AP2.5
Nothing wrong with money

I hate when people misquote the scripture as well as it says "for the LOVE of money, is the root of all evil"

Key word LOVE. Anything that man seems to create a need or desire for gets perverted and loses the intended meaning that was initially set.

What would stop a dude with a gang of crops from getting greedy and try to tax tf outta me because I have nothing of equal or greater value to trade? He could play off my weakness and use that against me.

At least with currency, if there is somebody that has something at a price I'm not willing to pay, I can shop around to find something more suitable for what I can afford.

Damn...now AP got BTNH's "For the Love Of Money" stuck in my head.