Welcome To aBlackWeb

Is Missy Elliot Underrated/Underappreciated?

I always see people giving her the props/flowers she deserves so shes not under rated

No she s universally loved and gets props all over

she one of the few artists I have never heard anyone say anything bad about

I'd say she's underappreciated by the current generation...and also very much misrepresented by the generation who actually grew up on her music because I've seen some very bad Missy takes in comparison to the current generation of women rappers
This but they underappreciate a lot of artists

"Hot Boyz" is a song by American hip hop recording artist Missy Elliott featuring American rapper and singer-songwriter Lil' Mo. The remix version of the song was an urban hit featuring Nas, Eve and Q-Tip. The remix broke the record for most weeks at number-one on the US R&B chart on the issue dated January 15, 2000; as well as spending 18 weeks at number one on the Hot Rap Singles from December 4, 1999 to March 25, 2000, a record not broken until "Old Town Road" by Lil Nas X in 2019. The song also reached number 5 on the US Hot 100 on January 15, 2000. In the UK, the song became the biggest hit from the Da Real World album; it peaked at #18, being Missy's sixth top 40 and fourth top 20 solo success.

I haven’t seen anyone say anything about missy other than she’s a legend and should be respected as such, so properly rated.

This here. She just not active rn, so there's really nothing to discuss. I think this is part of the reason, fans from her generation want her to do the Verzuz shit. So she can get her flowers in THIS era. I never seen no REAL Missy disrespect out here. Besides her own hits, she was a very busy ghostwriter. Which gets her more props than the average MC

Damn… Look at this chick.

She pretty much just said, “Fuck originality… I’m just gonna go ahead and jack Missy’s entire persona!”

Back