Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION Is Marvel's Black Panther movie really a "special moment" for Black America??

I hate culture bullies.

Let Black people be excited about some shit. I always notice that when Black people are happy about something, something that makes them feel
good or proud, theres always one or two Black people lurking in the bushes ready to be contrary and bring down the high.

Shits wack B

niggas are excitied about a movie, a movie!!! Black kids are dancing and joyous. Older Black
folks where I work are excitied too and I feel that. I really dig that.

I think yall just think Black people are just vapid and dumb honestly. yall have such limited ideas about us and yall steady try to project that internalized toxic bullshit onto everyone else *eye roll*

how unfortunate.
U wanna fight race?

We can fight...

And it's not dumb, it's just staying grounded. Niggaz can't be so desperate for shit that we consider a calculated marketing powerhouse exploiting several African cultures for the spending power of trendy folk a cultural godsend.

Ain't nothing wrong with wanting to see the movie,

You know what fuck it.... Y'all win..

I'm the negative hating one.

I'm the idiot.

I'll be that...

Y'all continue to cry and praise this shit to the heavens....

Y'all Niggaz wanna be trendy and foolishly hop on every studio manufactured smoking train... Go for it

I just wish I was that simple minded to get caught up in the hype....

Ignorance is bliss.

U wanna fight race?

We can fight...

And it's not dumb, it's just staying grounded. Niggaz can't be so desperate for shit that we consider a calculated marketing powerhouse exploiting several African cultures for the spending power of trendy folk a cultural godsend.

I'm the idiot.

I'll be that...

Y'all Niggaz wanna be trendy and foolishly hop on every studio manufactured smoking train... Go for it

Ignorance is bliss.
That's my line

U wanna fight race?

We can fight...

I'm the idiot.

I'll be that...

Ignorance is bliss.

Leave it up to me to come up here and shut Du down.

:hahaha:

You got it lovely. My sweet African princess. May Wakanda forever be with you.
:word?:

U wanna fight race?

We can fight...

I'm the idiot.

I'll be that...

Ignorance is bliss.

Here is some authentic african tears fam not just nigga tears but tears from the motherland

boy-crying.gif

I can just imagine when the reviews start pouring in...

"The imagery was powerful and there was a heavily laid message of cultural superiority that I never thought would appear in a Disney film. A masterfully told story with top notch acting. But luckily for me, @King Du kept me grounded before having even seen it so now, I get to forget everything I just saw and go about life as usual. Thank you @King Du for keeping me grounded and constantly reminding me to not thoroughly immerse myself in the viewing experience. I've never needed you to tell me not to celebrate a movie before, but this particular movie is where your #staygrounded campaign was needed."

what i learned from this thread is brothers are real selective when it comes to the support black businesses argument

labeling a rare black superhero movie with an all black cast, director, and possibly crew....as “crumbs”

these same individuals bust their ass at work to put money in their nonblack employer’s pocket, who pay them “crumbs” in comparison to what they’re making

those crumbs probably get deposited into a nonblack bank, used to pay off a car they leased from an nonblack automobile corporation, and pay rent to their nonblack landlord

we all have to eat to live, so they probably go to their local nonblack supermarket to buy groceries

then whatever crumbs they have left goes to shit like wardrobe and entertainment,almost entirely purchased from nonblack businesses

their favorite hood movies growing up was pushed out by nonblack movie studios. their favorite gangsta rappers was pushed to the forefront ahead of conscious/uplifting artists by nonblack music executives and nonblack record labels. and although there may have been a message in the art, they undoubtably painted us in a negative light and encouraged destructive behavior

now i understand plenty of factors go into supporting a business other than it being black owned, as they should

however y’all support nonblack corporations on a daily basis, but want to get on your high horse over this?

You're assuming such black people don't already realize they are dealing with crumbs. Judging by the large number of working class blacks out here, I'd say that's a poor assumption. Rare is the black person with the dream job. Majority of people seem aware of the daily amount of crumbs they are getting. So them calling this movie crumbs as well is not being on a high horse, that's being consistent.

And to be objective, ONE major black super hero movie out of thousands of releases. In an industry that has allowed white privilege for rapist and pedophiles, while maintaining a short leash on black Hollywood. Lets be real here, that's some crumb type shit. But calling it crumbs doesn't negate it being good as we hope, it's just the way things are.

I just wanna enjoy the movie and celebrate a bunch of black people shown in a positive light on the big screen/major movie.

It aint the second coming of christ but lets not act like this shit aint gonna mean something to a young black boy or girl to see themselves represented.. not being a slave, a gangsta, a crackhead, a servant etc... but being a HERO.. being smart.. being RICH and not flaunting it..

Miss me with all the crying shit tho... some folks just doin the most.. calm that ass down

It's like we can't shit...NOTHING.... to just sit back & enjoy like normal fuckin' human beings if you leave it these wokey woke, hotep fake militants "conscious community" perpetually outraged Negative Nancys and Miserable Mikes

U wanna fight race?

We can fight...

I'm the idiot.

I'll be that...

Ignorance is bliss.

Your last 2 lines in this post completely make her point Du

Just enjoy the fuckin movie for what it is... if you see people in kente cloth or a diashiki or rocking all black walking into the theater..so the fuck what?

dont hate on them... what would that accomplish? muhfuckas just proud to see black excellence in the theater.. I'll go as far to say the WHITE MAN wants yall to hate on black folks enjoying this movie.. dont let the man win lmfao

Back