Welcome To aBlackWeb

Poll Is Mannie Fresh A Top 5 Producer?

Is Mannie Fresh A Top 5 Producer?

• Total voters
B where the fuck you from where females dont dance to Beyonce, Chis Brown, Rhianna, etc? You dropping a lot of shyt with nothing to back it up.

In 97, you went to the club or was at a party and R&B songs had females dancing on niggas is what you're saying, Toni Braxton, had females on the dance floor? Kirk Franklin Stomp had a better chance of having females dancing than R&B singers. He said chicks didn't buy rap albums, I said back then, they did. That's what chicks danced to. What I remember was chicks dancing to rap music/hip hop not Toni Braxton

They make pop songs

Popular records but R&B nonetheless

In 97, you went to the club or was at a party and R&B songs had females dancing on niggas is what you're saying, Toni Braxton, had females on the dance floor? Kirk Franklin Stomp had a better chance of having females dancing than R&B singers. He said chicks didn't buy rap albums, I said back then, they did. That's what chicks danced to. What I remember was chicks dancing to rap music/hip hop not Toni Braxton

In 97 hmm, Case and Foxy Brown, Usher, 112, Destiny's Child, Dru Hill Sleeping in My bed remix, Mary J- I can love you, SWV, hell yea girls were at partys dancing...Yo sun where dont females dance to R&B records?

Ja Rule was the nigga who was neck and neck with Jay in 99, and he was just coming on the scene.

:huh2:
what you talking about fam this is false as hell.

Top dog in NYC at the time was X, Hov or Nas in 99. Those three were at the top it was a matter of preference person to person.

Ja rule wasn’t no damn neck & neck in 99’ lmfaooo

Popular records but R&B nonetheless

In 97 hmm, Case and Foxy Brown, Usher, 112, Destiny's Child, Dru Hill Sleeping in My bed remix, Mary J- I can love you, SWV, hell yea girls were at partys dancing...Yo sun where dont females dance to R&B records?

I can respect that, you're right.

:huh2:
what you talking about fam this is false as hell.

Top dog in NYC at the time was X, Hov or Nas in 99. Those three were at the top it was a matter of preference person to person.

Ja rule wasn’t no damn neck & neck in 99’ lmfaooo

Nah, Ja dropped VVV in June 99, that summer and his appearance on the Rush Hr soundtrack put him in that group and he dropped Rule in 2000

Holla Holla killed the summer. What did Jay have going for him in the summer of 99? Ruff Ryders was killing

Nas had Hate me Now, that was killing, they played the shit on radio down here heavy

DMX had his singles killing the radio.

What Jay have matching Holla Holla that niggas were heavy on?? I can recall Ja shit being heard everywhere in the summer of 99

In Real Time, Ja was one of the hottest thing coming outta NYC in the summer of 99. His close out on Can I get a wha, solidified dude

Last edited:
Nah, Ja dropped VVV in June 99, that summer and his appearance on the Rush Hr soundtrack put him in that group and he dropped Rule in 2000

Holla Holla killed the summer

He wasn’t in that group. Yes he had a hot summer but he wasn’t in that group. Nobody was at the barbershops arguing Ja Rule with those other three at the time.

Holla Holla killed the summer. What did Jay have going for him in the summer of 99?

Nas had Hate me Now

DMX had his singles killing the radio.

What Jay have matching Holla Holla and etc in 99?

He wasn’t in that group. Yes he had a hot summer but he wasn’t in that group. Nobody was at the barbershops arguing Ja Rule with those other three at the time.

Maybe not, but what did Jay have that burned up 99 like Ja? which is why I said dude was neck and neck with Jay in 99.

98 and on back, Jay wasn't even top 5 in NYC in real time at the time. So what had Jay blazing over Ja in 99 when he came out with VVV?? Vol. 2?

Last edited:
I didn’t even say this because of The Ja rule stuff. I get Mannie is your mans but stop lol

It's just Barbershop talk brudda lol. I'm just debating/sparring with folks, No malice, I don't want any smoke, I promise you I don't lol.

Mannie has too many in clip to be playing with him, Tell a nigga challenge him, I wanna see it.

Maybe not, but what did Jay have that burn up 99 like Ja? which is why I said dude was neck and neck with Jay in 99.

98 and on back, Jay wasn't even top 5 in NYC in real time at the time. So what had Jay blazing over Ja in 99 when he came out with VVV?? Vol. 2?

Dog, what are you talking about? The nigga headlined the Hard Knock Life Tour. Do you know who else was on the bill? Like fam what you on?

This is from an actual article from the LA Times from March 5th 1999

The tour--which reaches Southern California in mid-April--certainly offers plenty of star power. Headliner Jay-Z’s 1998 album “Volume 2 . . . Hard Knock Life” was the first hip-hop album ever to top the pop chart for five straight weeks, and it won a Grammy last week for best rap album. DMX set another hip-hop precedent in 1998 by hitting No. 1 with two albums the same year: “Flesh of My Flesh Blood of My Blood” and “It’s Dark and Hell Is Hot.” All three albums are still in the national Top 30. The tour’s other acts, Method Man (a member of the innovative rap outfit Wu-Tang Clan) and Redman, also have albums on the charts.

A bill with Meth, Red and X the headliner and closer was Jay. Not top 5
:lol10:

It's just Barbershop talk brudda lol. I'm just debating/sparring with folks, No malice, I don't want any smoke, I promise you I don't lol.

Mannie has too many in clip to be playing with him, Tell a nigga challenge him, I wanna see it.
Nah I feel you

I’m sure I said this here already though but Mannie past 2005 is mostly irrelevant but he had hits but they were isolated hits during a certain time period in a certain region

Also I wonder in a beat battle could Mannie hang without sounding redundant after 6-7 beats

y’all kinda overrate him but there’s a reason he don’t get talked about ever imo when discussing producers

Maybe not, but what did Jay have that burned up 99 like Ja? which is why I said dude was neck and neck with Jay in 99.

Nah I feel you

I’m sure I said this here already though but Mannie past 2005 is mostly irrelevant but he had hits but they were isolated hits during a certain time period in a certain region

Also I wonder in a beat battle could Mannie hang without sounding redundant after 6-7 beats

y’all kinda overrate him but there’s a reason he don’t get talked about ever imo when discussing producers

Yeeeeeah I'm out

Back