Welcome To aBlackWeb

Is Eminem overrated or fairly rated?

Is Eminem overrated or fairly rated?

• Total voters

code27

I personally feel that Eminem is overrated.

I "can't" believe that he was inducted into the Hall of Fame before black rappers that were more talented and groundbreaking than he ever was. I feel like if he were black, he wouldn't be as successful or highly regarded as he is. or survived all the cancellations from the general public or the (white) media.

He is the only rapper who can consistently release very mid or bad albums and still be considered one of, if not the, greatest rappers of all time. both of which he is not. And before anyone mentions record sales, he has admitted himself that he wouldn't sell half as much if he weren't white.

But in your opinion, is Eminem overrated or fairly rated as a rapper? Is he in your top 5, 10 or 20? Would you say he is a hip hop legend or one of the greatest of all time?

I personally feel that Eminem is overrated.

I "can't" believe that he was inducted into the Hall of Fame before black rappers that were more talented and groundbreaking than he ever was. I feel like if he were black, he wouldn't be as successful or highly regarded as he is. or survived all the cancellations from the general public or the (white) media.

He is the only rapper who can consistently release very mid or bad albums and still be considered one of, if not the, greatest rappers of all time. both of which he is not. And before anyone mentions record sales, he has admitted himself that he wouldn't sell half as much if he weren't white.

But in your opinion, is Eminem overrated or fairly rated as a rapper? Is he in your top 5, 10 or 20? Would you say he is a hip hop legend or one of the greatest of all time?

My nigga.

You in the early running for 2023...."thread starter of da year."

Tho i have the sneaky suspicion, this is @5 Grand alias

At one point, he was one of the best combinations of upper tier lyricism and song making.

he’s still an incredible rhymer but sadly after getting off drugs, he’s lost his spirit and become a rhyme bot.

I’d say he’s overrated because of how much people ironically speak on them. They act as if he’s as revolutionary in terms of his style. He really isn’t. He’s great, technically, but not really lyrically. He’s a guy that has to rap to a certain beat to sound good. He’s also a guy that’s very lyrically juvenile. You couldn’t even imagine him rapping to a soul sample. So he’s always been a very good one trick pony.

Let’s get it out the way, he’s been overrated because he is white. There really isn’t anything he’s done that nobody else has done as a rapper in terms of ability. So for him to go diamond in the way that he has, it’s not really because of how sharp he is. It’s mainly because he’s white. All other great, technically sharp rappers, don’t see that kind of success like him. Again, he’s very skilled at multisyllabic patterns, but that’s really it. A lot of Eminem fans are not rap fans, they are Eminem fans. Nas, Lupe, Jay, AZ…..are all sharp technically and don’t go diamond. People who he took his style from don’t either.

In no order
Pac
BIG
Nas
Jay z
Big L
Ice Cube
Rakim
Kendrick
J Cole
Scarface
Dmx
Kayne
Wayne
Andre 3000
50 Cent

Thats 15 rappers way better then Eminem and they all got better albums too. That cracker could never be top 10 and I could have kept going
Also

Black Thought
Masta Ace
Big Daddy Kane
Krs One
Kool G Rap
Big K.R.I.T
Common
Sean Price
Prodigy
Esham
Violent J
Necro
Ill Bill

Also

Black Thought
Masta Ace
Big Daddy Kane
Krs One
Kool G Rap
Big K.R.I.T
Common
Sean Price
Prodigy
Esham
Violent J
Necro
Ill Bill

dog-pug.gif
...oh, was so close. Just couldn't resist putting them horrorcore mf on there.

Last edited:
I’d say he’s overrated because of how much people ironically speak on them. They act as if he’s as revolutionary in terms of his style. He really isn’t. He’s great, technically, but not really lyrically. He’s a guy that has to rap to a certain beat to sound good. He’s also a guy that’s very lyrically juvenile. You couldn’t even imagine him rapping to a soul sample. So he’s always been a very good one trick pony.

Let’s get it out the way, he’s been overrated because he is white. There really isn’t anything he’s done that nobody else has done as a rapper in terms of ability. So for him to go diamond in the way that he has, it’s not really because of how sharp he is. It’s mainly because he’s white. All other great, technically sharp rappers, don’t see that kind of success like him. Again, he’s very skilled at multisyllabic patterns, but that’s really it. A lot of Eminem fans are not rap fans, they are Eminem fans. Nas, Lupe, Jay, AZ…..are all sharp technically and don’t go diamond. People who he took his style from don’t either.
Yes, You're right on the money. So many of Eminem fans say they don't listen to rap they listen to Eminem and the vast majority are White.

Back