Welcome To aBlackWeb

Is Califorinia Going Down The Drain?

I may leave for a minute, but I can't leave forever. Yes the cost of living is getting out of hand, but running doesn't solve that as much as trying to address the issues. Welfare isn't helping as much as it handicaps people from getting out of poverty.

SoCal is definitely not what it used to be. Los Angeles is way overcrowded with people not from California. It feels like most of the Black people have left for Vegas or elsewhere. It doesn't feel the same.

I'm not leaving though. They want all the black people to leave. I can feel it, but it's only so they can have their propert or occupy the space. This is a beautiful state. It's expensive, though the civil liberties make it worth it. Weed is pretty much like alcohol here now. Almost.

Ya'll.....didn't...know this already??!

Politics. This all politics. This is literally what was discussed during that Gavin vs. Ron debate I made a thread about because you gotta try to f*ck up Cali.

They be leaving them crappy azz democrat ran states by the dozens and moving elsewhere that ain't goin' for the bullshyt and then still voting the same way, expecting diff. results like it or not. (AZ)

Stick with da facts.....
-Ran out of Uhauls
-Poop maps (legal)
-Piss in the streets (legal)
-Illegal aliens/migrants (legal)
-Transmitting aids (started in Cali - legalized)
-Homelessness (still a mystery what Gavin did w/ the homeless for commie China's visit)
-Theft forgiveness up to a certain amount (legal)
-Rolling blackouts

And tons more nonsese I can't remember. Not all us who got a beef w/ your liberal policies are gop supporters. We just know that that grass ain't greener like you preachin'.

I don’t mind Cali transplants to Texas, but a bunch of Texas natives do.
A lot of Cali natives are first or second generation while their parents or grandparents are from Texas. I'm second generation but a lot of my family is from Texas. I haven't been there yet though.

I been out here since 2019 & I don’t mind it out here as far as the scenery, policies and the sheer amount of shit to do. The cost of living is definitely a major issue. I plan on moving up north IF I decide to stay in the state after I get out the military. Southern Cali housing prices are ridiculous.

Bro I just checked prices in LA, Why are they renting out the equivalent of closet space for like $1500 monthly? 😅
Somehow, someway, and for some reason...every time California votes on anything to do with raising wages and controlling rent, suddenly you see the power of capitalism as voters come out against those things only to have a governor come in and push it those agendas.

Between the outrageous cost of living and culture shift folks are leaving California.

I’m connected out there so that’s what’s I’ve been told.

Sounds like the discussion should be centered around certain cities in California and not the state as a whole

Between the outrageous cost of living and culture shift folks are leaving California.

I’m connected out there so that’s what’s I’ve been told.
That narrative is overblown and usually without context. If you live here, it only looks like this place is growing. The actual exodus happened pre-pandemic over the last twenty years, especially with black people. A lot of LA people moved to Vegas a while ago. Whenever I go to Vegas, it feels like I'm in old LA with all the Black people I feel like I recognize. Even the cops are like LAPD. You really don't see too many black people in SoCal the way you did prior to 2000 or so. It is a very brown and yellow state. I'm digressing though...traffic is worse than ever and the prices are constantly rising because there is always someone willing to pay that higher price. Everywhere you go its crowded, unless the place is really expensive or not marketed towards under 35 year olds.

But yeah, the idea that Cali has an exodus...maybe, but you couldn't tell. LA really was a place where a lot of places where 15-20 mins away. Those same distances now take an hour maybe, it's wild. Up North is a different story as that has always seen less people living there, but even Stockton is looking a lot different these days I hear.

That narrative is overblown and usually without context. If you live here, it only looks like this place is growing. The actual exodus happened pre-pandemic over the last twenty years, especially with black people. A lot of LA people moved to Vegas a while ago. Whenever I go to Vegas, it feels like I'm in old LA with all the Black people I feel like I recognize. Even the cops are like LAPD. You really don't see too many black people in SoCal the way you did prior to 2000 or so. It is a very brown and yellow state. I'm digressing though...traffic is worse than ever and the prices are constantly rising because there is always someone willing to pay that higher price. Everywhere you go its crowded, unless the place is really expensive or not marketed towards under 35 year olds.

But yeah, the idea that Cali has an exodus...maybe, but you couldn't tell. LA really was a place where a lot of places where 15-20 mins away. Those same distances now take an hour maybe, it's wild. Up North is a different story as that has always seen less people living there, but even Stockton is looking a lot different these days I hear.
My step mom is in real estate.

I don’t mind Cali transplants to Texas, but a bunch of Texas natives do.
It’s because of what they did to housing prices…

While at the same time saying “houses are so affordable down here!” because they used to getting ripped off, rubbing it in our faces.

So the shit is still cheap to them currently but wild expensive to natives

It’s because of what they did to housing prices…

While at the same time saying “houses are so affordable down here!” because they used to getting ripped off, rubbing it in our faces.

So the shit is still cheap to them currently but wild expensive to natives
Damn shame what happened to the market the last 4 years.

I have a close friend who sells houses out here and showed me how big of a % is out of state buyers in the DFW.

Damn shame what happened to the market the last 4 years.

I have a close friend who sells houses out here and showed me how big of a % is out of state buyers in the DFW.
Yeah I’m salty af but I might feel the opposite way if I had bought a house in 2019 before the value shot up

Back