Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION Is anyone exempt from being included in a comedians routine?

AP2.5

I was really really tryna keep it PG
Site Administrator
Thought about putting this in the cinema section and I still might, but the latest Chappelle special hit Netflix.

It appears to be a smash with most of ABW, but there appears to be others outside of here that take issue with his jokes, especially the ones aimed at the LGBTQ community.

I personally don't think you are homophobic of you make jokes at their expense, but if we're talking comedy, the shit has to be funny regardless.

You can't just get on stage dropping f bombs for shock value and expect people to laugh. Dave seems to have mastered the art of telling jokes and stories while entertaining you at the same time.

But my question is, is anyone exempt from being made fun of?

I think outside of talking about someone's child who's still in that child age range it shouldn't be no smoke.

But people over sensitive as fuck. I can't remember dudes name but Muslim dude that had a HBO special maybe a month or 2 ago made a joke about black people I wasn't feeling I just turned the shit off. Didn't think about it again until now. It's okay to just turn shit off sometimes. Especially when.you know it might offend you.

Just turn it off.

I honestly don't see think comedians should get a pass on anything and don't really see why they do.

But I don't try to adversely affect the likes and careers of anyone else I disagree with. So I don't try to go after comedians I find offensive. So I don't think ANYONE is too sensitive for being offended for whatever they are offended by. But just because you're offended doesn't mean they should be obligated to accommodate you in any way.

I honestly don't see think comedians should get a pass on anything and don't really see why they do.

But I don't try to adversely affect the likes and careers of anyone else I disagree with. So I don't try to go after comedians I find offensive. So I don't think ANYONE is too sensitive for being offended for whatever they are offended by. But just because you're offended doesn't mean they should be obligated to accommodate you in any way.
interesting pov

so everyone should be protected?

Like I said before. People interpret shit differently....but I think too many people are too sensitive about shit as well..

I laugh at all that shit from any funny comedian..I do wonder though..

How many of us would either laugh or get offended if a white comedian was going in hard on us?

Like I said before. People interpret shit differently....but I think too many people are too sensitive about shit as well..

How many of us would either laugh or get offended if a white comedian was going in hard on us?

I’d be easily offended.

Came in just to say this, depending on what is said and who says it matters alot, and if you got some white boy up there talkin bout blacks that "its just a joke" shit goes out the window for most ppl

Yup, like i said who says shit matters alot, owens ive never once took anything he said as offensive, corny at times lol but never once wondered about him

Also true. Alot of us could identify Gary Owen's as someone that was "down" before we even understood the jokes we were hearing. To me I gotta have some respect for you as a comedian or at least an understanding of how you coming if you not black and start joking on black people otherwise you probably getting turned off with speed.

I would never rant online or jump behind some cause to take a comedian down for it. That's corny.

I do be watching who laughing the hardest at shit I don't find funny or find offensive tho.

was bout to say kids dying or sumn

then thought of this lol

CHAPPELLE_01_0111_MAKEAWISH_640x360.jpg

Bruh the kid in the boys asked A-train could he teach him to out run cancer..

Family Guy and South Park are really good examples of how any group can get hit and it's not an issue if the shit is legit funny.

Especially family Guy, their jokes on the black community be deep cutting as fuck. I wouldn't be surprised if black folk wrote them...

I mean anything can be pulled off if it's funny enough

Bruh the kid in the boys asked A-train could he teach him to out run cancer..

Family Guy and South Park are really good examples of how any group can get hit and it's not an issue if the shit is legit funny.

Especially family Guy, their jokes on the black community be deep cutting as fuck. I wouldn't be surprised if black folk wrote them...

I mean anything can be pulled off if it's funny enough

Yea..their shit comes to mind when I first made my post. Their shit be having me dying...

The funniest shit was the Jerome ep. When Jerome was at the Griffin's crib and lois had Stewie in her hand sleeping and he woke up and seen jerome standing there..

Stewie was like "are we being robbed!?" lol

For me I look at ish like...I gotta be able to laugh at myself n my people too... Stereotypical comedy is funny as fuck if done right..

So if a white comedian makes a funny joke clowning blk ppl. Done right and respectful like other katz are saying....its funny.

Back