Welcome To aBlackWeb

Is AAU helping or hurting these young players?

Kids be playing 4 games a day in AAU adding so many miles to their bodies
Eh, I think this is a false equivalent

How is that different from playing ball all day, several games that day when we were growing up at the local homie house or at a park

I know you 38

Because you’re doing this every summer in addition to playing HS ball, playing pickup, then going to play college/G league

Us growing up don’t go through this
Eh

I see the correlation you're trying to make, I just don't think it really sticks

Eh

I see the correlation you're trying to make, I just don't think it really sticks
AAU ball doesn’t add more wear and tear to players and doesn’t increase the odds of soft tissue injuries due to its demanding nature of around the clock play?

Okay fair enough

AAU ball doesn’t add more wear and tear to players and doesn’t increase the odds of soft tissue injuries due to its demanding nature of around the clock play?

Okay fair enough
I would say the biggest criticism of AAU is the lack of structure and discipline

Conditioning wise, these kids are at one of their highest peaks in terms of development and athleticism

If anything I would place more emphasis on their recovery from injuries. i.e. they feel pressured to return sooner than they should in fear of losing their roster spot.

We’re not talking about the biggest criticism though

You are pushing back on the wear and tear theory from so many games played in a short span of time to only state that they don’t have time to recover

Which is splitting hairs

But I mean as long as you think AAU hampers athletes somewhere I guess that’s all that matters

We’re not talking about the biggest criticism though

You are pushing back on the wear and tear theory from so many games played in a short span of time to only state that they don’t have time to recover

Which is splitting hairs

But I mean as long as you think AAU hampers athletes somewhere I guess that’s all that matters
No Mr Montana

I'll give you an ex. This kid I've been refereeing for a couple of years now is a coaches son and plays for his dad. HS coach btw.

I think the kid tore his Achilles. He was out this entire year.

That's the baseline for my next statement while doesn't apply to him specifically, but I've seen it happen.

There's no reason for him to rush back to play. He or his team might feel well if you can do xyz, you can play then this kid rushes back. Take the time you need to fully recover, do the rehab and come back.

If a kid wasn't playing AAU and still got hurt, then what would you be saying

No Mr Montana

I'll give you an ex. This kid I've been refereeing for a couple of years now is a coaches son and plays for his dad. HS coach btw.

I think the kid tore his Achilles. He was out this entire year.

That's the baseline for my next statement while doesn't apply to him specifically, but I've seen it happen.

There's no reason for him to rush back to play. He or his team might feel well if you can do xyz, you can play then this kid rushes back. Take the time you need to fully recover, do the rehab and come back.

If a kid wasn't playing AAU and still got hurt, then what would you be saying
Even if a kid wasn’t playing AAU and still got hurt it would not take away from the fact that AAU adds so much wear and tear due to non stop play in a condensed timeframe which increases injury risk

You’re slightly arguing something else but it still kinda rolls into the main point of AAU hampering kids so it’s fine

Even if a kid wasn’t playing AAU and still got hurt it would not take away from the fact that AAU adds so much wear and tear due to non stop play in a condensed timeframe which increases injury risk

You’re slightly arguing something else but it still kinda rolls into the main point of AAU hampering kids so it’s fine
good talk

The AAU debate comes up every couple years and it dies down just as soon as it’s brought up. My only gripe at this point is they need ease up on the workload of these players. Too many kids having freak heart issues and bodies breaking down way too early. There’s gotta be a healthy balance.

The AAU debate comes up every couple years and it dies down just as soon as it’s brought up. My only gripe at this point is they need ease up on the workload of these players. Too many kids having freak heart issues and bodies breaking down way too early. There’s gotta be a healthy balance.
And mix of sports... body needs diversity

Back