Welcome To aBlackWeb

Is AAU helping or hurting these young players?

As an official,I can speak to this and agree it is absolutely hurting kids development.

The parents and coaches only add fuel to the fire by but holding the kids accountable for the dumb shit they do but then try to get mad at me for giving techs for unsporting acts.

I also blame the people who run these tournaments who don't use actual officials and don't hold the refs accountable for their part in this as well.

I also reject the idea that AAU helps poor kids. Those kids are already on people's radar well before they play AAU ball. It can also be just a local/regional thing here but ain't no college coaches coming to these tournaments here looking to scout kids. They do come to things like the Sugar bowl classic and things like that that are not "AAU" adjacent/related.

These grown ass men who wear backpacks and wheel around big ass Bluetooth speakers have no right to be out there "coaching" anyone's kids as they also feed into the bullshit that AAU has become.

I'm done for now

AAU doesn't teach the fundamentals of the game, which hinders those players even if they do make it to the League.

Last edited:
care to elaborate?
Ask any pro player what stunts growth on the court and they will say high school ball and college coaches

Coaches are not that good and they always run their system and not to the strength of their players and potential of the players.

Think god new age coaches coming in and seeing The potential of players and developing their games that fit them the best and not the system.

I seen on podcast pro players talk about this

Back