Welcome To aBlackWeb

If you're thinking about buying a car.......

wait....he got the Mid engine Z06? Yeah, he good even if he want to get out of it after 6-7 years.
If he keeps its 6-7 years before he sells, it will go for market price, which would easily be under 100k.

Everytime a new Vette drops, people always pay above sticker to get one first. Even the last one that came out, the regular C7 people were paying 100k for to get the none Z06 till prices settled.

Now with supply chain issues people are paying even more to get certain limited cars, but after a couple years the market is def gunna settle.

Lastly.......every Vette owner swears their Vette is super special and rare and worth a ton more than all the other Vettes, smh.

If he keeps its 6-7 years before he sells, it will go for market price, which would easily be under 100k.

Everytime a new Vette drops, people always pay above sticker to get one first. Even the last one that came out, the regular C7 people were paying 100k for to get the none Z06 till prices settled.

Now with supply chain issues people are paying even more to get certain limited cars, but after a couple years the market is def gunna settle.

Lastly.......every Vette owner swears their Vette is super special and rare and worth a ton more than all the other Vettes, smh.

Bruh, when the Dodge Viper finally dropped (the OG red joint), you couldn't find one for less than $100k, twice the MSRP. I remember even those 1993 Northstar Cadillac Allante's going for $100k back then too. Even the Buick Reatta's went for over MSRP their first year.

2016 Z06 msrp was 78k....look up a low mileage 2016 Z06's and tell me what the average price is. Then with the rumors of the Z06 going electric within 10 years what do you think that's gonna do to the last v8 models?

I went into a handful of dealerships to buy two cars thinking i would get treated like a king cause im there to grab two cars.

Them mfers all laughed me out the building. No one had any cars in stock and were all selling old cars.

Shits wild.

Gonna be a rude awaking for some people when they realize the vehicle market will never go back to what it was. Vehicles will hold their value a lot longer now, special edition models even longer.

Buddy of mine bought a Hellcat in Feb of this year....traded it in for what he paid for it. That tells me they're going to try and sell it for at least 5k more than he paid for it in Feb.

Gonna be a rude awaking for some people when they realize the vehicle market will never go back to what it was. Vehicles will hold their value a lot longer now, special edition models even longer.

Buddy of mine bought a Hellcat in Feb of this year....traded it in for what he paid for it. That tells me they're going to try and sell it for at least 5k more than he paid for it in Feb.

Idk if thats true fam.

The shortage in the car market right now is correlated directly to the chip shortage. Once the chip shortage gets figured out, the car shortage will be over.

At that point the prices will even out.

As with anything, prices wont ever go down. But there wont be a situation where dealers sell cars for 5-10k above msrp anymore.

Imo.

Either way need to wait and see

Idk if thats true fam.

The shortage in the car market right now is correlated directly to the chip shortage. Once the chip shortage gets figured out, the car shortage will be over.

As with anything, prices wont ever go down. But there wont be a situation where dealers sell cars for 5-10k above msrp anymore.

Imo.

I hope I'm wrong.....but they been saying that for 2 years now. I work in fleet management...we've had vehicles on order for 2 years. We order base model vehicles so we at the bottom of the priority list. I personally know people that have gotten new vehicles built in that timeframe but they were loaded vehicles.

1ST year model top of the line sports cars have always demanded above MSRP, even before all this chip shortage crap. They always will.

My bigger point is vehicles, relative to their MSRP, will hold their value better for the foreseeable future. Get comfortable.

Bruh, when the Dodge Viper finally dropped (the OG red joint), you couldn't find one for less than $100k, twice the MSRP. I remember even those 1993 Northstar Cadillac Allante's going for $100k back then too. Even the Buick Reatta's went for over MSRP their first year.
Thats every new vehicle with some hype.
Idk if thats true fam.

Imo.

Theres no wait and see, you are absolutely right.

2016 Z06 msrp was 78k....look up a low mileage 2016 Z06's and tell me what the average price is. Then with the rumors of the Z06 going electric within 10 years what do you think that's gonna do to the last v8 models?

I hope I'm wrong.....but they been saying that for 2 years now. I work in fleet management...we've had vehicles on order for 2 years. We order base model vehicles so we at the bottom of the priority list. I personally know people that have gotten new vehicles built in that timeframe but they were loaded vehicles.

1ST year model top of the line sports cars have always demanded above MSRP, even before all this chip shortage crap. They always will.

My bigger point is vehicles, relative to their MSRP, will hold their value better for the foreseeable future. Get comfortable.

Its like you didnt really read anything we said. You just restated a bunch of what i said.

Prices are up on new cars cuz theres a crazy shortage & they can exploit people with money. Prices are up on low mileage used cars because people that would of bought a new car have to settle for a used one. Also other people are holding on to their car longer till they can get a new one. They sec production is back in full swing they're dumping all those older cars, flooding the market and prices are tanking on them.

This car market is absolutely not here to stay. When the supply chain issue is fixed, prices on pretty much all used cars are dropping and crazy dealer mark ups are dropping too, because now people have options.

The only vehicles that wont be affected that bad, are some rare limited edition ones that only a few automakers even make. Vettes, chargers and challengers(unless you have a demon) dont fall into that category. They'll literally make as many of these cars as people will buy.

Thats every new vehicle with some hype.

Theres no wait and see, you are absolutely right.

Its like you didnt really read anything we said. You just restated a bunch of what i said.

Prices are up on new cars cuz theres a crazy shortage & they can exploit people with money. Prices are up on low mileage used cars because people that would of bought a new car have to settle for a used one. Also other people are holding on to their car longer till they can get a new one. They sec production is back in full swing they're dumping all those older cars, flooding the market and prices are tanking on them.

This car market is absolutely not here to stay. When the supply chain issue is fixed, prices on pretty much all used cars are dropping and crazy dealer mark ups are dropping too, because now people have options.

The only vehicles that wont be affected that bad, are some rare limited edition ones that only a few automakers even make. Vettes, chargers and challengers(unless you have a demon) dont fall into that category. They'll literally make as many of these cars as people will buy.

When is the chip shortage supposed to end? 2, 4, 6 more years? We were told 2022 by the dealers we deal with, back in early 2021. we're entering the 4th quarter of 2022 and they still can't tell us when we'll be able to get our vehicles.

Like I said, it'll be 2025 and yall still go be saying "it'll go back to normal when the chip shortage ends"

When is the chip shortage supposed to end? 2, 4, 6 more years? We were told 2022 by the dealers we deal with, back in early 2021. we're entering the 4th quarter of 2022 and they still can't tell us when we'll be able to get our vehicles.

Like I said, it'll be 2025 and yall still go be saying "it'll go back to normal when the chip shortage ends"
I'd imagine the chip shortage would end when they're resupplied on the goods they're short on, but im no economist, so iono. And back in '21 they were telling everyone, hopefully by '22.
They cant tell you when you'll get their vehicles cuz they dont know. They just give you a wishful date to get people off their back. But most of these supply chain issues affecting a lof of industries wouldnt of been so bad if they didnt outsource a bunch of critical components to be made in other countries, just to save a few dollars. Wanna say covid made them learn their lesson but im sure it didnt.

Back