Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION If you could do it all over again... Choose 3 different career paths

Military, probably Army.
Some role that transfers well to homicide detective or judge.
All three if the skill sets overlap.

Lawyer (I studied for the LSAT and did very well on practice tests but couldn't follow through do to a family obligation)
Trainer (had a job offer where I would have been paid well to travel 2 weeks a month throughout the US conducting training in my field, but couldn't follow through do to a different family obligations)
Military (liked the idea but didn't want to end up dying in Afghanistan or Iraq)

Boxer
Comedian
Writer
Boxing is my favorite sport. Always has been. But I was never introduced to any boxing gyms or formal training until my mid 20's.....I would have LOVED if I could had found myself in a gym in my teens and pursued a career in boxing. I might have been a bum, I might have been great.... But I think I would have had a good run....

Comedian because I genuinely believe I have a hilarious personality. Most of my friendships and relationships are based on laughing our asses off. I confidently believe most people like me cuz I make them laugh. And I definitely be gassed off social media reactions to my sense of humor. I think I could have made a good run at comedy. I still low key do. One day imma have the balls to do an open mic

Writer...I still love reading and writing. I still have great ideas . I still am overly imaginative. I just think I have an over understanding in the sheer amount of work it takes to construct a true novel. Like it's more than just an idea. I'm holding a book with over 300 pages right now. And so much of it is just masterful descriptive writing that compliments the plot, but often has little to really do with it. Like it's so so so much, and most times I just get lazy. I've rewritten some stories... No bullshit, like 15 times just to edit and work out things, v better describe things. Build on characters, give them a better back ground... Get lost in that.... Try to circle back to the plot..... Like it gets exhausting. Writers block is real as fuck. Anybody can have a good idea. Anybody. But writing a good story and a 300 page novel off that idea..... It's crazy crazy work

Back