Welcome To aBlackWeb

If She Does For Your Man What U Won't, Don't Be Mad

Not at all. I frequently get fussed out for waiting on my Queen before I start eating even though I already have my plate, and she makes hers last. My kids are always eating before me. By design or otherwise
Good answer

@Reesey, you right in my head y'all eating and the kids waiting and crying. I'm sure it isn't the case but it's funnny to think about.

In a related question, the server in a restaurant brings your food out before ya s/o and tells ya s/o something was wrong with there order and it's gonna be another 10 mins

Do you wait for her food b4 you eat or do you starting eating so ya food don't get cold?

In a related question, the server in a restaurant brings your food out before ya s/o and tells ya s/o something was wrong with there order and it's gonna be another 10 mins

Do you wait for her food b4 you eat or do you starting eating so ya food don't get cold?
:idkb3:

:smh:
c'mon fam, ain't no parent gonna let their kid go hungry......

that ain't even close to the same thing
thats where some of these ideas come from tho. scarcity. eating meals together used to be a resource n safety thing.

She's shouldn't have order no hard to make shit. I'll be over there full AF waiting on her to finish

we ain't talking about safety and scarcity....
we're talking about serving your loved ones........
they serve food at prisons. they serve food at schools. we serve coffee to tradesmen passing through. sometimes its politeness, sometimes its a transaction.

and how much of it is about "serving loved ones" when people who don't even love each other are offering to fix plates as some way to mark territory?

the fixing plates in this scenario isn't even about loved ones, it's always framed as a woman fixing a man a plate. call it what it is: subservience.

In the animal kingdom the male's in pride's and troop's eat first. Then female's and baby's.

BUT

When the troop's and pride are scarce on a food supply roles reverse and the baby's eat first.

and how much of it is about "serving loved ones" when people who don't even love each other are offering to fix plates as some way to mark territory?

the fixing plates in this scenario isn't even about loved ones, it's always framed as a woman fixing a man a plate. call it what it is: subservience.
lol....

no that's what you see....you see subservience cuz you wanna see that...you're looking for it because you routinely challenge traditions and customs....

even though....several happy couples done chimed in and stated they personally take pleasure in serving eachother......

many people take pleasure in service...there's a honor in it.....

so they treat it like an honor....

in the manner of relationships......many woman look for the chance to serve their man in public....it's a social display of affection and respect.....

you may not see it like that cuz you are against many customs and practices that you feel are degrading to women n what not...

but fortunately for those who still practice those types of things.....they don't see anything negative or degrading about it...

its a pride fueled statement that's non-verbally saying....

"this is my man, and i take care of him"

and it impresses people of both sexes who enjoy seeing that kinda commitment from ones s/o

cuz it has nothing to do with training or making someone do something they see as a chore....it's a testament that this dude is absolutely handling his business at such a high level the first chance his lady gets big him up she'll take it....

i think it's a beautiful thing...i know for a fact everything in my relationship is reciprocated so it's never for nothing...

it's earned, honored and well desreved

if there is only 1 burger patty, who do u pick: ur child or ur SO?

assume u have 1 child.

Seriously? lol

My children will always eat.

We could be broke, poor and homeless but their tummy's will be full.

Ask @DS_ about our first Thanksgiving he'll tell you.

#HoodChronicles.

they serve food at prisons. they serve food at schools. we serve coffee to tradesmen passing through. sometimes its politeness, sometimes its a transaction.
there's clearly levels of service.....

and inmates fuck CO's all the time... how much you wanna bet that shit started with her bringing something to him...service with a smile

lol....

no that's what you see....you see subservience cuz you wanna see that...you're looking for it because you routinely challenge traditions and customs....

even though....several happy couples done chimed in and stated they personally take pleasure in serving eachother......

many people take pleasure in service...there's a honor in it.....

so they treat it like an honor....

in the manner of relationships......many woman look for the chance to serve their man in public....it's a social display of affection and respect.....

you may not see it like that cuz you are against many customs and practices that you feel are degrading to women n what not...

but fortunately for those who still practice those types of things.....they don't see anything negative or degrading about it...

its a pride fueled statement that's non-verbally saying....

"this is my man, and i take care of him"

and it impresses people of both sexes who enjoy seeing that kinda commitment from ones s/o

cuz it has nothing to do with training or making someone do something they see as a chore....it's a testament that this dude is absolutely handling his business at such a high level the first chance his lady gets big him up she'll take it....

i think it's a beautiful thing...i know for a fact everything in my relationship is reciprocated so it's never for nothing...

it's earned, honored and well desreved
see, that's all well n good. i dont personally see it as challenging tradition in this case cuz fr, it doesn't happen @ the gatherings i go to. i meant it when I said if it works for y'all, it works for y'all n that's what matters. what I dont get is ppl bein surprised by others not doin it. fixin ur own plate is not a bad thing to other ppl.

Easy - you request that your food be brought out at the same time. And if its cold then you make them accommodate you with a fresh plate because of their fuck up. I'm like Du, we tip well. But it is a earned tip

see, that's all well n good. i dont personally see it as challenging tradition in this case cuz fr, it doesn't happen @ the gatherings i go to. i meant it when I said if it works for y'all, it works for y'all n that's what matters. what I dont get is ppl bein surprised by others not doin it. fixin ur own plate is not a bad thing to other ppl.
i promise you....someone is watching and judging silently....

now that you're aware,...you'll notice it....:think:

I agree that it's not a bad thing, but the original context of my post was that.. women got upset when they didn't fix their man's plate but others did.

Now that is a totally different thing. Had they got up and fixed their own plates, i'm sure someone still would have had something to say about their lack of relationship manners when it comes to fixing their s/o plate but it wouldn't be what it is now.

Which is females and males with attitudes because someone else served them a plate.

Fun fact, inmates serve the food, not the CO's. Which means you basically serve yourself. Just sayin

i promise you....someone is watching and judging silently....

now that you're aware,...you'll notice it....:think:
im sayin I aint seen only women fixin mens plates, i've seen men in the kitchen insisting on helping or just the hosts passing out to everyone. the beeline of women lining up while menfolk sit n chatter, waiting to be fed, is alien to me. that's the norm for some tho.

like u said, upbringing n surroundings.
I agree that it's not a bad thing, but the original context of my post was that.. women got upset when they didn't fix their man's plate but others did.

Now that is a totally different thing. Had they got up and fixed their own plates, i'm sure someone still would have had something to say about their lack of relationship manners when it comes to fixing their s/o plate but it wouldn't be what it is now.

Which is females and males with attitudes because someone else served them a plate.
yes that is dumb. if someone fixed my S/O a plate, I'd only be mad if he didn't say thank you.
Fun fact, inmates serve the food, not the CO's. Which means you basically serve yourself. Just sayin
they serve themselves like a buffet, or they take turns serving other inmates? big difference.

Back