Welcome To aBlackWeb

If jail isn't the answer, then what is?

Naw bruh she deserved to be locked up. What if that hefa was purposely spreading an infectious disease? Outbreak kicks off, then what? Therapy instead of jail??

Folks need to stop acting like people don't know the difference b/t right & wrong. The mentally unstable I can understand. But a fully functional minded person who's doing that for kicks & giggles...naw.

Yea but she didn’t spread any disease I mean she could have but we gonna punish people for something that didn’t happen?

The vast majority of prisoners have been locked up for non-violent, or even victim-less crimes. People like this can usually be dealt with using counseling, work programs, fines, or a variety of other methods. The licking ice cream lady shouldn't get any prison time.

Prisons are still necessary. However, in many cases prison made the offenders worse because there isn’t any serious attempt to “rehabilitate” anyone in most prisons around the world. Most people locked up will not spend the rest of their life behind bars. At some point they will be released and are supposed to be part of our society and be good citizens. The lack of rehabilitation is the main issue when it comes to the prison system. Prison should be both a punishment and also focus on rehabilitation.

I think there should be classes given to people like this. They need to be classes that take this seriously and not some type of quick “summer school” fun ish either. One cannot “pass” the class until they can fully understand the consequences to these types of things. For her, classes on diseases; types of diseases, what diseases can do, how they’re passed on, how they can destroy a person or a group of people, how certain humans are more sensitive or prone to these diseases etc.

You need to teach people, not lock them all up. We should be reforming people, changing their minds and hearts. Showing them the value and sacredness of human life. Have them interact w those who have lost loved ones under circumstances that they’re finding themselves in trouble for. We should be preparing people for the world in a new direction and change, so that they can also do the same. When we truly learn from our mistakes, we are able to pass this on to our generations.

I love this idea.

To add on to this idea they should take these people to see and actually interact with folks who were negatively affected by the crimes adjacent to or actually committed to really drive home the seriousness of what they did wrong. Reading, seeing clips of films only does so much to influence some

Yea but she didn’t spread any disease I mean she could have but we gonna punish people for something that didn’t happen?

There's whole criminal statutes built around shit being "attempted". Attempted murder, attempted robbery, attempted burglary, attempted larceny, attempted sexual assault...

So, in short, yes... Yes we're going to punish her for something that didn't happen but could have happened due to that person's actions.

Lol just because it happens don’t make it normal bruh. People been gay forever but you consider it unnatural.

people been born with six fingers, no arms, blind, and deaf too and all of those are considered mutations or deformities (aka unnatural).

What's your point here?

Large amount of time doing community service for misdemeanors and fines out ya pay check like how child support works.

Mass incarceration is a thriving business. The system is designed for people to be repeat offenders. It makes zero business sense to actually rehabilitate people to become better citizens in this country. It's exactly why this country makes it so hard for felons to get hired. The idea is to suffocate all opportunities and get felons right back in prison.

So to answer the thread's question, yes prison/jail is enough, only if it's not privatized and society changes how we treat people once they get out and reintegrate into everyday life.

Fair enough.

If video surfaced of someone doing this bullshit yesterday.. how would you feel about it?

I think I said they should have been locked up for like a week or something but I changed my mind.

So I feel the same. A big as fine and a theft charge

I think there should be classes given to people like this. They need to be classes that take this seriously and not some type of quick “summer school” fun ish either. One cannot “pass” the class until they can fully understand the consequences to these types of things. For her, classes on diseases; types of diseases, what diseases can do, how they’re passed on, how they can destroy a person or a group of people, how certain humans are more sensitive or prone to these diseases etc.

You need to teach people, not lock them all up. We should be reforming people, changing their minds and hearts. Showing them the value and sacredness of human life. Have them interact w those who have lost loved ones under circumstances that they’re finding themselves in trouble for. We should be preparing people for the world in a new direction and change, so that they can also do the same. When we truly learn from our mistakes, we are able to pass this on to our generations.

still stands... that dude shouldn’t do jail time

I mean I can understand yall thinking the shit is something slight and a harsh sentence shouldn't be handed down..

but you playing with peoples health... as a joke..

What would the appropriate punishment be in yalls opinion? If a fine... how much?

Back