Welcome To aBlackWeb

If jail isn't the answer, then what is?

AP2.5

Beef Authority
Site Administrator
been meaning to start this for a min

this thread is inspired by the beautiful @Race Jones. I follow on her on twitter and really appreciate her pov even if i disagree at time. I don't rock with a lot of her followers tho as their views tend to be extremes either way with rarely any balance in between. I chose to have this discussion here vs with her and her followers on twitter b/c i think its more complicated than 280 characters across several threads on twitter or whatever.

So, with that being said. There was the conversation a couple weeks ago about the young girl who was licking the ice cream that had everyone in an uproar with many calling for her to do jail time.

Everyone knows how prisons/jails treat persons of color in this country, and while I agree that maybe jail was too harsh, what is a proper deterrent to keep people from just doing things without any negative consequences?? I think "put them in jail" is a catch all phrase at this point b/c that's all we know to do with people who violate the "laws" in this country or people who just do dumb shit.

Discuss

also @Goldie, we need a serious topics section. If any trolling and shit takes place, then they getting booted from that thread off top. Funny, jokes, emphasis on funny are allowed tho lol

Jail isn't the deterrent that people would have you believe it is but there really isn't anything that's out there to stop bad behavior.

i think we need to make jail ....jail.
not a vacation away from family. with tv, cable, radio and friends and family.

no one is afraid of jail no more.

but yea...lock her ass up.

we dont know what her saliva contains.

But yea, Jail/prison is a business, it's not in the govt's best interest to make jail what it's intended to be, which is to rehabilitate. The more people in jail the more money they make. It's basically modern day slavery.

Last edited:
How many times you see mf'ers get out and months later getting sent right back in for doing the same shit

I don't think we need a section for that fam. Just put in the OP "serious responses only" and then move accordingly.

With that said, it's a fine line between non serious responses and responses that people disagree with.
i didnt properly articulate myself, but i wasnt saying create a new forum, maybe rename this one, but was just a suggestion

i'll act accordingly moving forward

Jail isn't the deterrent that people would have you believe it is but there really isn't anything that's out there to stop bad behavior.
well then that's a discussion about the lack of rehabilitation that is supposed to take place to reintegrate people back into society

Good post cause it's facts. If the fucked up death penalty and life without parole ain't deter folks nothing will basically.

How many times you see mf'ers get out and months later getting sent right back in for doing the same shit

Then you follow it up with bullshit like this. It's so many factors why folks go back to prison regardless of its for the same shit or not. A nigga who sells drugs and made a good amount of money that gets out of prison ain't going to start robbing banks or running credit card scams. That ain't how shit works. If they try to go straight and it don't work out most people going to go back to doing what they feel they know best.

Come on man start thinking past go with some of the shit you say.

Good post cause it's facts. If the fucked up death penalty and life without parole ain't deter folks nothing will basically.

Then you follow it up with bullshit like this. It's so many factors why folks go back to prison regardless of its for the same shit or not. A nigga who sells drugs and made a good amount of money that gets out of prison ain't going to start robbing banks or running credit card scams. That ain't how shit works. If they try to go straight and it don't work out most people going to go back to doing what they feel they know best.

Come on man start thinking past go with some of the shit you say.

Bro cut this shit out, that post just means rehabilitating ain't what you getting while you locked up

Bro cut this shit out, that post just means rehabilitating ain't what you getting while you locked up

Ain't shit to cut out because if you've been paying attention the prison system in this country been move off of actually trying to rehabilitate people in the 70's and is used just as a form of punishment now.

So rehabilitation shouldn't even be expected

Ain't shit to cut out because if you've been paying attention the prison system in this country been move off of actually trying to rehabilitate people in the 70's and is used just as a form of punishment now.

So rehabilitation shouldn't even be expected
so what's the answer?

What would you propose to do with the girl who was licking the ice cream.

First time offense, stupid thing did to get social media attention, etc...

so what's the answer?

What would you propose to do with the girl who was licking the ice cream.

First time offense, stupid thing did to get social media attention, etc...

Honestly I really don't know. I said this in that thread about her "I really don't advocate for anyone to go to prison but if she went I wouldn't complain."

If she doing as well as others doing all this shit for social media likes. They all probably need some type of mental therapy because "likes" from strangers shouldn't be that important to your life.

Ok with that said maybe she don't need prison maybe she needs a stay in a mental facility.

Back