Welcome To aBlackWeb

Poll Iconic or Nah? - Juvenile - Back That Azz Up

Is BTAU an Iconic song?

• Total voters
never called it bad or good, but to not acknowledge it is foolish.....

I always tell ppl

“Why you letting your child listen to rap” (certain rap songs)

I don’t blame rap music because its literally for adults and when the path cross I only blame parents and no one else.

Some rappers basically promote to kids but till a certain age kids shouldn’t be having access to certain things and me being a parent for over 5 years all things good and bad my son does falls on me and my wife. I don’t lay the blame anywhere else

I always tell ppl

“Why you letting your child listen to rap” (certain rap songs)

I don’t blame rap music because its literally for adults and when the path cross I only blame parents and no one else.

Some rappers basically promote to kids but till a certain age kids shouldn’t be having access to certain things and me being a parent for over 5 years all things good and bad my son does falls on me and my wife. I don’t lay the blame anywhere else
i hear all that, but when a song hits... "ICONIC" status....it's gonna get more play, and more exposure...even to kids....

it's just the nature of songs like that.....

btau...regardless of what the lyrics say, is a song that prolly get bump at family reunions all over the south every summer...

and i ask the question again...

when that shit come on a t the cookout....

what the little girls int he family doing?

and you ask yourself how you feel about that?

thread made me randomly start rappin this Koopa freestyle from 2000

they watch us and they knock us cause we ridin in candy red droppas
on choppas, how you luh that?
I see ya big ass and i luh dat
like Juvenile, back that ass up in my direction and let me rub dat
swishahouse no need to dub that
go get you some swishahouse socks
go get you some new shoes, put swishahouse on top of ya reeboks (lmao)

one of the comments says "this back when i thought Paul Wall was black"

i miss that era like a mf smh

i hear all that, but when a song hits... "ICONIC" status....it's gonna get more play, and more exposure...even to kids....

btau...regardless of what the lyrics say, is a song that prolly get bump at family reunions all over the south every summer...

Sounds like a parenting issue to me.

what thor said

idk how popular a song is...i dont expose my daughter to none of it

if it aint in a child's movie she saw or some sorta christmas song...she dont know it

either way can back fire but everybody got their ways of parenting

when mine get out with friends in high school or whatever...aint nothing gone be new to them

they wont be impressed, or fooled, or confused

and this goes deeper then music but yeah, i play my music with the kids and they jam and know a lot of it

i may skip over one that I know has some vulgar sexual lyrics but they gone hear all that shit by the 3rd grade anyway

they dance but they dance like children and know we'll be on their head if they didnt

i'll admit the music did have a somewhat negative effect on me, but that was along with NOT having real guidance or parenting

when u turn to the streets and the music for the answers is when its a problem...but I went to school with kids who knew all the same music but had totally different households, and most are just fine

Sounds like a parenting issue to me.
what thor said

idk how popular a song is...i dont expose my daughter to none of it

if it aint in a child's movie she saw or some sorta christmas song...she dont know it
oh yea, we definitely blaming the parents.....

that's the easy part..

but now the harder part is reflecting on how much we praising the ass shaking culture.....

it's easy to find fault on other people... but people refuse to look for any in themselves....

motherfuckers lose their got damned minds when this song come on....

is this much ass shaking having a significant impact on our culture???

i think it is....

yea u blame the parents.. but how surprised are you that it's going on?

that it's happening...

when niggaz love this song like they love it, how likely do you think it's a little girl in your kids class that will drop down and start twerking if this song was to ever drop for any reason at a school event...????

i mean it is an iconic song...u don't think it might sneak into a school play list every now n then??

it's just deeper than surface level....yea we blame the parents....that's the easy part...

either way can back fire but everybody got their ways of parenting

when mine get out with friends in high school or whatever...aint nothing gone be new to them

they wont be impressed, or fooled, or confused

and this goes deeper then music but yeah, i play my music with the kids and they jam and know a lot of it

i may skip over one that I know has some vulgar sexual lyrics but they gone hear all that shit by the 3rd grade anyway

they dance but they dance like children and know we'll be on their head if they didnt

i'll admit the music did have a somewhat negative effect on me, but that was along with NOT having real guidance or parenting

when u turn to the streets and the music for the answers is when its a problem...but I went to school with kids who knew all the same music but had totally different households, and most are just fine
man this shit come on at a elementary school right now 3rd graders getting it in....

Reactions: 1/2
Back