Welcome To aBlackWeb

Ice Cube Confirms That “Friday” Is Underway

I saw him live 2yrs ago and will never check for him again.

His routine was basically repeating famous lines from his movies and old jokes from previous specials.

I saw him live 2yrs ago and will never check for him again.

His routine was basically repeating famous lines from his movies and old jokes from previous specials.
He does repeat alota jokes but thats most stand up comics tho

Not years later though. Him and Aries Spears doing the same jokes they was doing in 99 bruh. He needs to freshen up his pen game.
He comes to kentucky bout every year, ive seen him 4 times, only twice did he use the same exact shit and even then it was only a few jokes not the same routine

I not quit sure what can be accomplished with Friday pt. 4. Maybe you bring Smokey back and he's on some extreme opposite backsliding church guy stuff but that's not very different from the character Bernie Mack already played. After the nostalgia wares off what are you left with? Craig, Smokey and Dada would all be 40+ and there's nothing funny about a bunch of 40+ year old smokers still chasing hood rats, being roommates and not being able to keep jobs. Shit sounds like a loserfest and it ain't enough jokes in the world to make that shit funny.

Friday is an absolute classic. I watched it again last month for the 1000 time and I was still cracking up. But as good as Friday was Next Friday was equally as bad. Cube almost fucked up his legacy project with that sorry ass movie. I've seen bits and pieces of that movie a hundred times but I've never seen it all the way through. Bullshit could never hold my attention. I was skeptical as hell when Friday After Next came out b/c I knew after shitty movie would ruin and forever tarnish the original classic. But Cube got lucky and Friday pt 3 was just about as good as the original. Friday After Next is the goat Christmas movie.

Not only did Cube dodge a legacy destroying bomb but he ended up making a holiday classic. If he was smart he would leave it at that. He already dodged one bullet. No need to stand in front of another one. If he fucks this one up like he fucked up Next Friday it's over. There will be no Friday pt. 5 to bail him like Friday pt. 3. Two classics out of a three part series ain't bad. Leave it at that. The pros dont outweigh the cons for Friday pt. 4.

... Cube got lucky and Friday pt 3 was just about as good as the original. Friday After Next is the goat Christmas movie.
giphy.gif

He does repeat alota jokes but thats most stand up comics tho

I wouldn't say most. I go to chuckles in Memphis a lot each year and sometimes see the same comics. I can't recall one doing the same jokes. The subject matter will be similar but the jokes don't be the same. I never go see mike eps when he's there tho.

Back