Welcome To aBlackWeb

I Don't Understand Battle Rap

PUT THE ROACHES OUT ON YA DAUGHTERS FACE!!!!!!!!

giphy.gif

Damn

Im trying to figure out where u got this mf doom , lupe perception about battle rap nigga lol U never seen jay vs dmx, cassidy vs freeway , nothing?!?

U never heard of beans vs jada? I'm trying to understand this lol

idk bruh.....i wish i had the answer you looking for lol

i had to have seen some kinda nerdy battle somewhere in the past and just threw that on all of it

those "battles" you speak of with big names aint like this shit.....thats more like niggas just freestyling to me....it doesnt have the fight or contest feeling

I see this is a sensitive subject for @Goldie and @Lou Cypher

i was obviously making fun of Freeway

smh

ya'll think ya'll the only ones that saw/heard that battle?

i THOUGHT it was backpacking smart guy shit......war of words and metaphors......

most of what i've seen has been real simple gang banging rippin ya body with the shotty, thats shitty, too gritty, give ya granny a buck fitty down the titty type shit

i. did. not. know.
Nigga thought he was watching scribble jam lmao

Cassidy got a battle lined up for next month. I dont know if he can hang with this current era, he’s lucky he not battling a rum nitty or nu jerzey twork.

I just got into it because i started listing to Daylyts periscope and he be talking about real life and stuff that matters IMO. So it made me listen to some of his battles. Bruh is nice. He different

Last edited by a moderator:
Side note. Intresting enough, I didnt know the battle rapper moon was a OG battler from back in the day. I knew of the fight club but I didnt know he past as Moonie D so I did my googles and found that he battled RZA and Craig G in some random battle fest lol. A YouTuber had an intresting story about how this all came about too.

20190326_143225.jpg

BmH0TZEkjy8

judah, if you dont start time stamping shit lol

Battle rap in the 80's and 90's = freestyled, off the top hip hop dozens

Battle rap today = written joints talmbout gunplay and dumb shit.

This is the kinda shit I came up on:

Somebody pull up the video of Supernatural about to cry in the background while Canibus was getting killed by Dizaster.

Foh with that supernatural bs

Battle rap in the 80's and 90's = freestyled, off the top hip hop dozens

Battle rap today = written joints talmbout gunplay and dumb shit.

This is the kinda shit I came up on:

Man sit your old ass down and let a young man shine

The first battle was Kool Moe Dee vs Busy B, but it was more of an ambush.

Here's a battle from Wildstyle. Its Chief Rocker Busy B vs Lil Rodney Dee (from Funky 4+1)

There’s a BIG difference between battle rap, freestyle battles and diss tracks...battle rap is in its own lane and may have derived from diss tracks and freestyle battles but on its own is different...these battles are usually setup weeks/months in advance and tha object is to make your bars as personal about tha other MC to let everyone know you actually wrote them for THAT person...whether that’s wit gun bars, personals, name flips, backpacker MF Doom witty titty thought provoking rhymes, etc etc

this is my reaction to the whole thing....not just this guys death but battle rap in general

JUST started trying to get into it last week and im trippin off all the tough shit lol

in my ignorance, I always thought battle rap was all backpacks and thesaurus's....lots of consequence/logic/MF Black Doom Thought (did that on purpose) type shit

so far I havent seen ONE match where niggas aint killing everybody, naming hoods, sets, etc......its entertaining and weird at the same time

i've never been so sleep on any part of this genre or culture....got lots to study

LMFAO where you been for the last 15 -20 yrs?

I live in ATL,but I came up with a lot of NY ppl and stayed in NYC

The NYC battle culture has always been on some street shit

Smack came from what dudes on the block were doing

Niggas had combined lyrics with the gangster shit and pretty much rapped like popular NYC music Jay,Cam,BIG,L etc

That street battle culture always been on the east coast and midwest though

bruh I know ONE nigga thats into this, he's posting videos all the time

other then that I see it here

makes sense tho, cuz I slept on a lot of east coast shit to begin with

we had "cyphers" in school....niggas just flowing and passing it around saying fly shit.....never "battled"

not saying its never been done anywhere around here it just wasnt the thing

bruh I know ONE nigga thats into this, he's posting videos all the time

other then that I see it here

makes sense tho, cuz I slept on a lot of east coast shit to begin with

we had "cyphers" in school....niggas just flowing and passing it around saying fly shit.....never "battled"

not saying its never been done anywhere around here it just wasnt the thing

Where you from?

Back