Welcome To aBlackWeb

I Don't Understand Battle Rap

1/2

Dont drank out my drank, foo
Well..alright.

this is my reaction to the whole thing....not just this guys death but battle rap in general

JUST started trying to get into it last week and im trippin off all the tough shit lol

in my ignorance, I always thought battle rap was all backpacks and thesaurus's....lots of consequence/logic/MF Black Doom Thought (did that on purpose) type shit

so far I havent seen ONE match where niggas aint killing everybody, naming hoods, sets, etc......its entertaining and weird at the same time

i've never been so sleep on any part of this genre or culture....got lots to study

this is my reaction to the whole thing....not just this guys death but battle rap in general

JUST started trying to get into it last week and im trippin off all the tough shit lol

in my ignorance, I always thought battle rap was all backpacks and thesaurus's....lots of consequence/logic/MF Black Doom Thought (did that on purpose) type shit

so far I havent seen ONE match where niggas aint killing everybody, naming hoods, sets, etc......its entertaining and weird at the same time

i've never been so sleep on any part of this genre or culture....got lots to study
I used to be really heavy back in the day but now as i get older it's almost a chore. it's all about how can I kill you and ya family the best with my aggressive poetry lol. I've kinda grew out of it a while ago and made a thread about it here I believe.

You got a weird perception of battle rap fam lol

In one sentence u think it's some MF Doom/Logic shit and in the next sentence u say it's all gang related shit lol

Which one is it?

I used to be really heavy back in the day but now as i get older it's almost a chore. it's all about how can I kill you and ya family the best with my aggressive poetry lol. I've kinda grew out of it a while ago and made a thread about it here I believe.
damn

aggressive poetry sounds fitting af

You got a weird perception of battle rap fam lol

In one sentence u think it's some MF Doom/Logic shit and in the next sentence u say it's all gang related shit lol

Which one is it?

i THOUGHT it was backpacking smart guy shit......war of words and metaphors......

most of what i've seen has been real simple gang banging rippin ya body with the shotty, thats shitty, too gritty, give ya granny a buck fitty down the titty type shit

i. did. not. know.

i THOUGHT it was backpacking smart guy shit......war of words and metaphors......

most of what i've seen has been real simple gang banging rippin ya body with the shotty, thats shitty, too gritty, give ya granny a buck fitty down the titty type shit

i. did. not. know.

What's the weird part?

Much like Rap music in general there are many different battlers with many different styles. Battlers on SMACK/URL/RBE generally have battlers that are from the streets and rap about gunplay, but even with those gunplay battlers, some of them mix in witty wordplay, exaggerated insults, and sometimes funny bars.

KOTD usually tries to get everyone to do at least one battle with them. Theres a lot of gun bars, but also have the white rappers and canadians that focus a lot on humor or just exaggerated punchlines about how dope they are or how they will fuck you up.

Its supposed to be aggressive. Doesnt always have to be, but essentially its a poetic insult contest and the one with aggression usually is the most convincing.

Yeah most people wont be able to tolerate someone in their face yelling like that in their ear, but its a sport of words. If you cant tolerate that shit, dont do the shit. Punching someone mid battle usually ruins the whole event and ruins the night for hundreds of people in the venue and thousands who purchased the PPV.

goldie, why do you disagree its not a form of poetry? lol

im not saying the shit dont be dope, but lets call it what it is

nobody, outside of a situation or two, is really getting hurt from this

watch this

What's the weird part?

that its constructive in its purpose....but no different then what some would call ignorant, closed minded and damaging

i guess it differs so much from my expectation, its strange

imagine putting in what you thought was a lupe cd, and brotha lynch and ganksta nip is on that mf

:huh2:

these niggas for real?

Damn
that its constructive in its purpose....but no different then what some would call ignorant, closed minded and damaging

i guess it differs so much from my expectation, its strange

imagine putting in what you thought was a lupe cd, and brotha lynch and ganksta nip is on that mf

:huh2:

these niggas for real?

Im trying to figure out where u got this mf doom , lupe perception about battle rap nigga lol U never seen jay vs dmx, cassidy vs freeway , nothing?!?

U never heard of beans vs jada? I'm trying to understand this lol

Back