Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED Hurricane & Earthquake Hit California

test
Shit was a flop.

That’s why people getting these hurriquake jokes off. Had my pops calling me from Houston trying to tell me how to prepare lol

Nigga I had my bedroom windows open the whole time, barely got my windowsill wet.

Also… adding the Los Angeles hashtag while showing Palm Springs is hilarious.

Palm Springs is about a hundred and some change miles away from LA, in the literal desert.

No lie at one point I thought Southern Cali was LA and suburbs and San Diego and suburbs.

Man, don't get me started about Southern California and rain. I remember I flew in to LA for work and had to drive 2 hours north. There was a light sprinkling occurring at that time, and my 2 hour trip turned into 5 because apparently nobody in that area knows how to drive in the rain. I saw like 10 accidents in a 15 mile stretch.

Lol shit have you drove in VA during snow. Nigga.

lol Worse. I've driven in the Carolinas in snow. I remember when I was living in Chapel Hill, they had like 6 inches of snow in a night which doesn't sound like much but it was a record for the area at the time. The news station there had a local traffic cam streaming on its website. You could pretty much tune into it at any random time during that snow and you were going to see people sliding and spinning through the intersection because they never learned that the roads get slick when it snows. Shit looked like a commercial for stupidity.

lol Worse. I've driven in the Carolinas in snow. I remember when I was living in Chapel Hill, they had like 6 inches of snow in a night which doesn't sound like much but it was a record for the area at the time. The news station there had a local traffic cam streaming on its website. You could pretty much tune into it at any random time during that snow and you were going to see people sliding and spinning through the intersection because they never learned that the roads get slick when it snows. Shit looked like a commercial for stupidity.

I still laugh at Atlanta a few years back having like 2cm of snow and the city effectively shut down. 🤣

6 inches is some bullshit anywhere tho. Especially if you've never even seen snow.

Man, don't get me started about Southern California and rain. I remember I flew in to LA for work and had to drive 2 hours north. There was a light sprinkling occurring at that time, and my 2 hour trip turned into 5 because apparently nobody in that area knows how to drive in the rain. I saw like 10 accidents in a 15 mile stretch.

That's the southwest US in general.

What happens is there's a lot of oil buildup on the roads from all the cars riding around because it doesn't rain out there enough to wash it away like the rest of the country. Add rain to it, no matter how light, and it'a basically like driving on slick ice. SoCal gets it the worst cause it barely ever rains. That's also the reason why the southwest has such bad smog. Rain helps clean the air so if it doesn't rain, you end up with a cloud of smog hanging over the city.

That's the southwest US in general.

What happens is there's a lot of oil buildup on the roads from all the cars riding around because it doesn't rain out there enough to wash it away like the rest of the country. Add rain to it, no matter how light, and it'a basically like driving on slick ice. SoCal gets it the worst cause it barely ever rains. That's also the reason why the southwest has such bad smog. Rain helps clean the air so if it doesn't rain, you end up with a cloud of smog hanging over the city.

I get all that, but you can't discount the people's stupidity. After you see the first couple accidents, that should clue you in to the fact that you should adjust your driving. They don't though. They all want to drive like the conditions haven't changed drastically.

A hurricane made it all the way to Michigan?
Remnants of hurricanes make it up to Canada all the time, every few years you get a weakened one that picks up steam at the great lakes. Pretty common. Hurricane season down south is just rain season up north.

Hurricane Katrina fucked Toronto up.

Remnants of hurricanes make it up to Canada all the time, every few years you get a weakened one that picks up steam at the great lakes. Pretty common. Hurricane season down south is just rain season up north.

Hurricane Katrina fucked Toronto up.

Are they still hurricanes by the time they get up there or just tropical storms?

No, it didn't travel inland, it formed over Lake Huron in the north. Technically it was 1mph short of being classified as a Cat1 hurricane, but I count it anyways.

That's bananas.

Got a lot of rain but it calmed down by 11 last night by my area. I know there’s some downed trees but it honestly wasn’t as bad as the hurricanes and storms I’ve seen in the East Coast. I see Palm Springs got it rough tho.

I remember that. I was living in Raleigh, still am. And the messed up part was that my boss knew I was from Jersey and used to driving in the snow. Talking about I can come into work. I kept my black ass in the house just like everyone else.

Back