Welcome To aBlackWeb

How yall feel about dudes like Derek Fisher?

DOS_patos

Unverified Legion of Trill member
In a made-for-TV-style real life drama, former “Basketball Wives” reality star Gloria Govan is now pitting her current boyfriend Derek Fisher and ex-husband Matt Barnes against each other in court in an effort win back primary custody of her children from Barnes.

Govan is having Fisher testify against Barnes in regards to when she was arrested for child endangerment last month when Barnes tried to pick up his kids from Govan at school. Fisher and Barnes also happen to be former NBA teammates. The former friends later became combatants when Barnes learned from one of his children that Fisher was dating his ex-wife Govan on the low without telling him.

That episode became violently when Barnes allegedly drove to his former home that Govan occupies and punched Fisher in the face during a high-decibel argument.

Following Govan’s recent arrest on the day in question, which led to Barnes being awarded primary custody of the children, she has now gone back to court in a counter strike. In a desperate move before the court, Govan is asking Fisher to testify against Barnes in order to win her favors with the judge, the media has learned.

According to The Blast, Govan has put Fisher on the witness list. He will be ordered to recall Govan and Barnes’ tumultuous child custody battle. In particular, Fisher was reportedly on the scene on the day in question, August 31, when Barnes arrived to pick up the children at their school and Govan objected. When Govan snapped with instant road rage and used her car to block his car from driving away, she was apprehended by law enforcement for the felonious behavior.

This won’t be the first time Fisher has been used by Govan to get back at Barnes legally. He was called into court to bolster Govan’s defamation case against Barnes.

Fisher had text messages from Barnes to Fisher that read: “But she’s mad at me cause I found out she stole nearly a million dollars forged my signature & stole my ss# to get her parent a night club & the house they live in.”

What do you think of this ongoing, real-life saga?

shit happened to me once.....
nigga straight up told my sons mom to not allow me to see my kid...

a dude with a child said this shit.

i saw dude.....gave him a chance to say she lying.....he didnt....nigga got washed up nice....i tried to hang that nigga with my belt i was so mad.

when even i showed up after that....nigga went into another room closing doors.

thing is...alot of dude out here like that.

im curious how a chick can have a dude cosigning her behavior.....

i know im not the only dude who went thru this because i hear about it too often.

like how can a dude try it with another dude? like what a chick with an ex, her word is gospel about what happened.

smdh
soft ass niggas

but its funny cause the nigga walked out and dont take care of his daughter now.

My whole thing is how you a grown ass man and cant control who you loving?

Like my man is 40, must have swam through more women than average, and decides to lay with a chick that was married to his former team mate, a dude known to be crazy, and get involved in their custosy battle.

Like how you grown but you loving that bitch that much that you allow yourself to be involved in that drama.

Like my man is 40, must have swam through more women than average, and decides to lay with a chick that was married to his former team mate, a dude known to be crazy, and get involved in their custosy battle.

Like how you grown but you loving that bitch that much that you allow yourself to be involved in that drama.

The key number here is 40

The older you get, the more you see the possibility of dying alone become real

The past women, the money, the accolades don't mean nothing when the once dreaded prospect of being the old man in the club becomes your life

So, like a lotta people his age, it sounds like homie found someone he's mildly compatible with and clung on for dear life

I mean, he already got stole on behind her and didn't reconsider. He's in it for life

The key number here is 40

The older you get, the more you see the possibility of dying alone become real

The past women, the money, the accolades don't mean nothing when the once dreaded prospect of being the old man in the club becomes your life

So, like a lotta people his age, it sounds like homie found someone he's mildly compatible with and clung on for dear life

I mean, he already got stole on behind her and didn't reconsider. He's in it for life

Im gonna disagree with parts of this.

I agree that the older you get the more you want to settle but another fact is that the older you get the more picky you get. Thats true for the average man.

When you take that and add the fact that Fisher been rich longer than hes been poor, well travelled etc, he has no excuse for settling with this chick. You dont just fall in out of control love passed a certain age.

He has access to a bigger pool of women than the average man too.

I can excuse dude being in his 20s and falling in love with a chick that brings this much baggage, but being 40 and allowing yourself to be in court trying to get your former teammate to lose custody of his kids is inexplicable to me.

Last edited:
Im gonna disagree with parts of this.

I agree that the older you get the more you want to settle but another fact is that the older you get the more picky you get. Thats true for the average man.

When you take that and add the fact that Fisher been rich longer than hes been poor, well travelled etc, he has no excuse for settling with this chick. You dont just fall in out of control love passed a certain age.

He has access to a bigger pool of women than the average man too.

I can excuse dude being in his 20s and falling in love with a chick that brings this much baggage, but being 40 and allowing yourself to be in court trying to get your former teammate to lose custody of his kids is imexplicable to me.

There is an age where you get to be picky as you get older (late 20's-mid 30s), but if you stay single past that point fear and desperation kick in. It's like reverting back to your early twenties but instead of smashing and forgetting, its grabbing and clinging

I mean, in his mind, he may have been searching for "the one" for like 25 years. Is he gonna give up after it took all that time to find her? Especially when the prospects are so slim at his age?

For all we know, he might be a simple/buster at heart too. I mean, that's what he's acting like so this could have been him the whole time lmao

There is an age where you get to be picky as you get older (late 20's-mid 30s), but if you stay single past that point fear and desperation kick in. It's like reverting back to your early twenties but instead of smashing and forgetting, its grabbing and clinging

I mean, in his mind, he may have been searching for "the one" for like 25 years. Is he gonna give up after it took all that time to find her? Especially when the prospects are so slim at his age?

For all we know, he might be a simple/buster at heart too. I mean, that's what he's acting like so this could have been him the whole time lmao

I think your last paragraph is the key.

Didnt he leave his wife and kids for her too? I dont remember details but I remember it being disgusting.

Nh for me even knowing/remembering this but it was when he was coaching the Knicks(fuck phil jackson!) so it was talked about.

To add to that, the chick's personality is trash. My wife used to watching those stupid Basketball Wives shows. Those chicks act like they're the shit, and for half of them, their biggest accomplishment is fucking a nigga that made something out of himself. From the little bit I remember, this chick's attitude was straight trash. She's fine, so I could see a regular nigga bending over backwards to appease her, but these NBA niggas have to run into two or three chicks that look like her a month, why put up with that bullshit?

To add to that, the chick's personality is trash. My wife used to watching those stupid Basketball Wives shows. Those chicks act like they're the shit, and for half of them, their biggest accomplishment is fucking a nigga that made something out of himself. From the little bit I remember, this chick's attitude was straight trash. She's fine, so I could see a regular nigga bending over backwards to appease her, but these NBA niggas have to run into two or three chicks that look like her a month, why put up with that bullshit?
Lol I love when niggas pass off the "my wife be watching" move cuz they're ashamed to admit they too watch that trash shit

Back