Welcome To aBlackWeb

How To Tell Your Coworker That They Smell?

I was that manager that had to tell an employee they stink. The lady had a touch of ADD or something but she was the sweetest and hardest working employee I had.

I just had to break it down gently like “there are times when we meet that I notice an odor. Maybe you don’t notice it so I wanted to let you know because I don’t want you to be oblivious to the fact that others notice it as well and may just be uncomfortable telling you about it. I don’t want anyone, especially upper management, to have a reason to not want to work with you. You are such a critical part of the team with so much potential I don’t want there to be anything that holds you back from reaching that potential.”

Got to make it about them and you’re telling them for their benefit.

this is super nice yo

He just ripped the bandaid off didn’t he, lol. Y’all must work in a factory or something cause he ain’t have any sensitivity, lol.

ikr, thats harsh af.

Boss basically told dude "come to work smelling like dog shit again, we gone be a step closer to firing yo ass."

Homie prolly went to the bathroom and cried.

Last edited:
outside of most bosses being absolute dipshits drunk on status and the illusion of superiority, telling someone you r going to write them up for smelling is beyond foul and void of empathy/sensitivity

like what tf? niggas dont know if the man is homeless, if he takes prescription meds that may cause an odor or suffers from a condition that causes him to sweat etc

i would quit. utterly humiliating and disgusting

ikr frfr. Dude could legit have some sorta condition or excessive sweating.

Or he could be goin thru something at home. Dude might be living in his car.

Zero compassion.

Yall better be nice to dude moving 4ward. He might come back n shoot that bitch up later...see yall on cnn breaking news n shit.

Last edited:
ikr frfr. Dude could legit have some sorta condition or excessive sweating.

Or he could be goin thru something at home. Dude might be living in his car.

Zero compassion.

Yall better be nice to dude moving 4ward. He might come back n shoot that bitch later...see yall on cnn breaking news n shit.
Dude is going through some shit. He would never go deep into details but a lot has to do with home life. But I would say this, he would be the one to keep an eye on to snap because at times he would spazz out over what we would think is small stuff.

They damn near had an intervention wit’ this smelly white dude when I first started here…had everybody in his shop (5 people) sitting across from him telling him how unpleasant it was to work around him cuz of his B.O. Apparently they had private discussions with him for over a year and he never changed…led to tha employee handbook getting a “personal hygiene” section put in it….smh

Point is…

Y’all niggaz waaaay too grown to be out here stankin’ in these streets bruh…tighten tha fuck up lol
All jokes aside self love needs to be normalize and be preached more. Self care, self awareness, and everything else can probably contribute to "some" folks hygiene issues.

I started to smell rotten eggs.
Did you notice it more when they talked? I'll never forget this one time in college. I was having trouble with a program and so I asked the class genius for some help. Jesus, I can almost smell it as I type this. This was legit the worst smell I ever encountered off of another human being. The odor was just, for lack of a better word, offensive. Such a piercing stench, every time he opened his mouth. I had to time my breathing with his so that when he talked I had to hold my breath and then after he stopped talking, and before I spoke, I exhaled through my mouth to blow his miasma away. I know that people can become accustomed to their own smells sometimes, but this was ridiculous.

I didn't tell him shit, though, lol. How do you politely tell someone it smells like they are decaying on the inside?

Back