Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION How soon is too soon to catch feelings?

AP2.5

Beef Authority
Site Administrator
started from the off topic thread where @Hellczar said or lied about catching feelings for a chick after 2 months

where do you stand on this issue?

Where do you stand? You still ain’t answer my question.
I think people confuse catching feelings with being smitten by someone

You like the idea of this person

You like the newness of it, but developing legit feelings? Nah

I think people confuse catching feelings with being smitten by someone

You like the idea of this person

You like the newness of it, but developing legit feelings? Nah
I’m saying it’s possible. I’ve caught feelings within 2-3 months. I know what smitten is and I wasn’t smitten. Maybe the first few weeks.

Last edited:
I’m saying it’s possibme. I’ve caught feelings within 2-3 months. I know what smitten is and I wasn’t smitten. Maybe the first few weeks.
ok, so the million dollar question is, how do you define catching feelings?

But haven’t you then caught feelings of “smitten-ness” wit’ said person...at what point do you differentiate smitten and “feelings”...do you just wake up one day like “Maaan I’m past feeling this female...I’ve officially caught feelings for her!!”?! My point is emotions such as anger, happiness, fear etc can all be “caught” instantly so what makes love/like any different??

I feel like some people are defining feelings as “all out full blown ‘I’ll kill for you’ love”...
this is one pov

i would identify it as doing things in a faster timetable than you normally would with any other situation

There has been a time or two that my vibe with someone defied logic or normal time tables and I caught feelings within 60 days, but it's more like, "Damn, I really like this dude." Not that I'm head over heels in love and ready to have his babies.

And catching feelings ain't that.
To me it's just a fondness, a yearn to be around them.

This is probably closest to my definition of “catching feelings”...which is why I say you can definitely catch feelings quick af...a day, week, month w/e...you instantly bond wit a female and generally wanna be around them, this has definitely happened to me before quickly

The day I determine I like her as a person, I've officially caught feelings. That could be same day or a couple days later. I'm already in my head creating the possibility of what this could be. Emotional attachment usually comes way later to where it hurts if we dont speak or something. She would have to be very special to evoke that tho

So to the opps question, within a matter of hours or days.

Back