Welcome To aBlackWeb

How old is too old to build with someone?

I ended a relationship with someone I would describe as the love of my life because he has never been ready to build anything....at all...... 18 years later he is still trying to figure out life/career etc. In that time, he has been a poet, artist, blogger, plumber, carpenter, musician, telemarketer, youth worker, paralegal, arts administrator, outreach worker, football coach (real football, not that USA version of Rugby :p), ESOL teacher, restauranteur, chef, receptionist, cab driver, self-employed etc. He is 46 and calls himself ' a late bloomer' and says he is on the road of discovery.

In the meantime, my life turned me from queen of the rave to mommy, building and plotting for the next phase of my life adventure that starts in 2021. If he or similar steps into my life now, I would run for the hills. Income disparity is not the issue when it comes to building with someone but our approach to life and mentalities have to be on par because when I say I'm retiring at 50 to travel, I'll be mortgage free, with a residual income, making money and living off of geological arbitrage whilst he is doing what..writing CVs, interviewing for another try out career, living and breathing pie in the skies ideas.....My fantasy of him as my life partner will not cloud the reality that he is stuck on 25 and will probably be the old, weird man in the young people rave...
i love how you explained it and i agree to an extend....but dont talk about american football again or we gonna have problems.

i love how you explained it and i agree to an extend....but dont talk about american football again or we gonna have problems.

Ouch...sorry but we have to fall out love....

Because football implies feet are involved but all you lot do is play with your hands and push to gain land...in Queen's English (aka the original language before you lot twanged it out to your Yankee version) that sport was called rugby...but football, real football means Arsenal/Gunners forever ....who incidentally will beat Man C today or I will eat my favourite pair of heels

#JustSaying

case and point...she recently met a guy...said she saw his house....but it was small.
i said at least he has a house...shes like..i guess.
dude was in the service and lived alone...why would he need a big spot.

Maybe she's just better off being alone.

Ouch...sorry but we have to fall out love....

Because football implies feet are involved but all you lot do is play with your hands and push to gain land...in Queen's English (aka the original language before you lot twanged it out to your Yankee version) that sport was called rugby...but football, real football means Arsenal/Gunners forever ....who incidentally will beat Man C today or I will eat my favourite pair of heels

#JustSaying
ok...well i am new to SOCCER or FUTBOL. the team i picked was watford.
and who said the queen speaks proper english? does she even know where she is nowadays?

we will continue this later...im trying to stay on topic.

and get some nice weather ...always raining there.

yea.....she dont want to be alone tho.
she tries to act like she cool with it but you can clearly see shes not.

Because being single sucks. True, it has its perks such the toilet seat stays down but in the long run... it sucks.

There is a reason why someone attracts what they attract....and the only commonality between them and their exes is them.....so with a bit of soul searching and a strategic approach to dating, they should be able to change the trajectory and pair up with like-minded because rolling with 'mr/mrs late bloomer' is the recipe for heartache and failure...

Because being single sucks. True, it has its perks such the toilet seat stays down but in the long run... it sucks.

There is a reason why someone attracts what they attract....and the only commonality between them and their exes is them.....so with a bit of soul searching and a strategic approach to dating, they should be able to change the trajectory and pair up with like-minded because rolling with 'mr/mrs late bloomer' is the recipe for heartache and failure...
very true....i have said this as many people said aswell...but she doesnt think she is the problem...it that "men are not handling their business"

very true....i have said this as many people said aswell...but she doesnt think she is the problem...it that "men are not handling their business"

How is that attitude even remotely helpful??? Approaching a problem the same way over and over will give the same results over and over......and blaming your tools ain't the answer

The old saying says "if you can't hear, you will feel"......

How is that attitude even remotely helpful??? Approaching a problem the same way over and over will give the same results over and over......and blaming your tools ain't the answer

The old saying says "if you can't hear, you will feel"......
i never heard that one ....but it makes sense

It ain't easy finding a good person.

People can go their entire life and not find a good person to build with. It's a lotta bullshitting people out there.
A whole lot.

40 ain't really that old if you been actively avoiding toxic people. In fact it's young.

What's the difference between a 40 year old person in a fucked up relationship and a 40 year old person who's not tryna be in a fucked up relationship?
40 ain't young but I'll let u tell it

Back