Welcome To aBlackWeb

How Much Would You Pay For A Double CD?

5 Grand

Old School Godfather
So I've been recording music and distributing it through streaming services (iTunes, Youtube, Spotify, etc.)

But I'm wondering if there's a way to bring retail CDs back? Because streaming money is pennies compared to CD sales. Back in the 90s a CD was about $12-$19.

People aren't buying CDs nowadays because of mp3s and streaming. If you can get music for free why buy it?

I'm thinking the reason you would buy a CD is because you want to support the artist, whereas if it's just a song you like you wouldn't consider buying the whole CD, especially if you could just stream it.

But what if you were at the local Walgreens, Rite Aid, or just a gas station pumping some gas and you saw a double CD for $5. Would you buy it?

Would you buy a double CD for $5 if it was marketed and advertised properly?

If you were waiting in line to pay for gas and you saw a Griselda double CD for $5 would you buy it?

Also, if you hired some computer nerds, is it possible to keep music off the internet?

Is it possible to create music that can only be sold retail that cannot be uploaded to the internet, and if it does get uploaded, could you take it down?

I'm pretty sure Prince's music wasn't online before he died. I'm not sure about now.

I’m not buying any CD now unless it was to make a collector’s item

But if I was to put myself back into CD days I guess $25

So I've been recording music and distributing it through streaming services (iTunes, Youtube, Spotify, etc.)
See the source image

Back