Welcome To aBlackWeb

How much responsibility do you think the church really holds?

fam, when you say "church on brother" that shit condescending af.

Its funny af, but still comes off as condescending, but if you say that wasnt your intent, i believe you

LLS I didn't even look at it that way because I truly meant it.

He feels what he is getting out the church is good for him and his kids. I can't have a issue with that so by saying that I only meant keep doing what you feel is good for your life and your kids. No malice at all in that statement.

Damn shit is wild.

"if you like i love it" is some asshole shit to say mayne...

i say that shit all the time, and i say it when i'm being an asshole.....

i know.. i go to church

:Pathetic:

LLS
tenor.gif

but naw in all honesty...everything really is broken.

it ain't' just church.. it really is everything. you have to pick and choose, you have to be able to see the good in things and the bad,,... you have to weight the pro's and con's and you have to make everything you do work for your life and your purposes.. you owe that to your self to have an understanding over anything...

church doesn't help me with that, but it is part of the process.. i appreciate what i get from church as 1 component to all that i consume in my existence.. i work at bars, i work on ivy league college campuses, i live in the hood, i'm a father, a husband, a son, i'm trying to be a writer....i have a lot going on in my head...what i get from church is just another part of the whole....it doesn't define the whole...

i think people run into problems when they let the church define them...if that makes any sense.....

but naw in all honesty...everything really is broken.

it ain't' just church.. it really is everything. you have to pick and choose, you have to be able to see the good in things and the bad,,... you have to weight the pro's and con's and you have to make everything you do work for your life and your purposes.. you owe that to your self to have an understanding over anything...

church doesn't help me with that, but it is part of the process.. i appreciate what i get from church as 1 component to all that i consume in my existence.. i work at bars, i work on ivy league college campuses, i live in the hood, i'm a father, a husband, a son, i'm trying to be a writer....i have a lot going on in my head...what i get from church is just another part of the whole....it doesn't define the whole...

i think people run into problems when they let the church define them...if that makes any sense.....

Makes plenty of sense.

Yall niggas have made feel like a heathen now! LLS

She was before his marriage and his two kids, and while he didn't know about her, he was still very loving towards his first born.

See, that's not even the Pastor's fault though.

It might've been a scandal if he knew about her and tried to keep it a secret, but he can't be responsible for what he doesn't know.

Bruh, you can't take a condescending sarcastic stance on anyone going to church and still be a black man living in America.

There's not one thing in this country that's designed with our best interests in mind.

We take everything dished out to us in this country and make it work the best was we can to fiy the lives we chose to lead.

There's laws you follow, there's laws you don't. There's things in the news you give a fuck about. There's things you don't.

We all do it, we all pick and choose what things we want in our lives and what we don't, and we all have our reasons no matter how concrete or fickle it may seem to the next person.

You can't ridicule me for subscribing to a religion who's philosophy is to lead a good and loving life even in the midst of temptation and hatred.

The lessons.... Are good... The atmosphere is good. The socializing, the spiritual training.

Reading in front of a crowd. Support for accomplishments.

I can go on and on and on with the pros of church ... As I am for church.

If you are against church, of course you gonna have cons..

Everything in life has pros and cons.... Including a lot of the shit we all do...

I just ask don't ridicule someone or try to play them like they fools when you do th exact same shit in almost every aspect of life

the bolded especially people dont like lookin in the mirror and facing the bullshit that they dont look at or the bullshit that they see but choose to ignore because it serves them materially or intangibly

There are some honest churches out there that really believe and do great things for communities, but the amount of corrupt churches outnumbers the honest by far. They may not be corrupt but they just take what they can from the people and wait until next sunday cheerful af.

So far, the books I've read (& currently readin) from different authors pertainin to religion have a common theme

God is within you

Dig this

500 billion lightyears away there are elements in the universe that can be found within us (carbon, iron, etc.)

I say that to say, it's all connected

there's a lot of religious confusion & division (my God vs your God)

Different religions worship different gods, but fear the same devil... marinate on that

We literally just had a deacon and the pastor get into a beef because of tithes.

The deacon decided he wasnt gonna pay tithes anymore. And like dos pointed out the pastor said money is not the only way to contribute. in fact there's a ton of ways he can contribute... One was to pick up the trash run.

Every Sunday after service, just collect all the trash and drive it to the dumpster around the corner.

Deacon said naw, he not a trash man.

And I shit you not this dude drives a pickup truck the church bought for him so he could have a vehicle to get back and forth to work.

He didn't want to take the truck the church bought to take out the church trash. Yet he still claim to be a deacon who's not paying tithes.

So yea it got ugly for a second, but he came back the next week. And he takes out the trash....

So you're right there are more ways to contribute outside of tithing. If you can't work that out with your pastor cuz all they want is money... Then maybe find a church that's a better fit for your idea of serving.

But both my wife and I work in the finance room. Church ain't banking like that at all....I can say for sure they don't do it for the money here, cuz it just ain't there

The pastor

tenor.gif

i still think free will bears the bulk of responsibility

But if we're coming from a rough history as minorities, and the church has the resources and education that the average folks dont, according to Du Bois they should be the leaders to helping people. Not everyone has the same will, and for alot of us that's due to a tragic history we weren't responsible for

Back