Welcome To aBlackWeb

How much did he lose?

We got a lot of GED niggas on ABW lol

This aint even that tough of an equation to be this confused.

He lost $100

The nigga traded $70 for $70 worth of goods. The thief still has $70 worth of goodz and the $30 remaining.

The owner is now down $70 worth of goodz that came out his own pocket and the extra $30 the nigga stole. That's 100. Then the owner gave an extra $30. Yall niggas slow as shit man lol

Answer - 130
I literally LOL for a good min and then you posted the wrong answer
:ohshit2:

lol yo that "bill" part was gay af

I'm a man of my word, I'll send u the bread
Yeah except the owner didn’t pay 70 for the goods the customer paid 70 for so (BUZZARD) you’re all wrong. Js

If he did he would never make any money at all!!!

My first answer was 100 but i look at it like

He lost that first hundred, then the $70 he wudda made if the thief used his own money

That 30 in change was just passed back n forth so i only count it out the first 100

I think this is one of those questions that can have multiple answers depending on the variables u set for the problem tho

1. $100 in register means it was used to purchase something that was at least $100.

2. Stealing $100 from the register takes away $100 from the purchase, those items aren’t there either.

3. Spending $70 isn’t “giving it back”, that money now covers those items. Gets back $30.

4. Store loses the original $100 purchase to a thief who stole $70 in items, plus $30 in cash.

Totals $200 in losses. Right??

1. $100 in register means it was used to purchase something that was at least $100.

2. Stealing $100 from the register takes away $100 from the purchase, those items aren’t there either.

3. Spending $70 isn’t “giving it back”, that money now covers those items. Gets back $30.

4. Store loses the original $100 purchase to a thief who stole $70 in items, plus $30 in cash.

Totals $200 in losses. Right??

This is what I was thinking

The best answer from the choices is the owner lost $100. The $100 bill that was stolen was then given back to the owner. What the owner loses is the $70 worth of goods and the $30 in change, which makes for a total of $70 + $30 = $100. The owner has lost $100.

Technically, the owner lost $30 plus the value, V, of the $70 of goods. Since stores typically sell goods at a markup, the value may be less than $70. But in the case of a loss leader, the owner may have lost more than $70.

Another strategy to solve the problem is to break it down into two stores.

Story A
A guy walks into a store and steals a $100 bill from the register without the owner’s knowledge.

How much money did the owner lose? Clearly the answer is $100. The owner is a net -100.

Story B
He buys $70 worth of goods using a $100 bill and the owner gives $30 in change.

How much money did the owner lose? The owner did not lose any money, this is a routine transaction! If the goods are valued at V, the owner is a net +100 – V – 30 = 70 – V.

The story in the riddle is the sum of the two stories. This means the owner’s position is the sum of the position in those two stories. The owner is a net -100 + (70 – V) = -30 – V. That is, the owner lost $30 plus the value of the goods. If the goods are valued at $70, then the owner lost $100.

The best answer from the choices is the owner lost $100. The $100 bill that was stolen was then given back to the owner. What the owner loses is the $70 worth of goods and the $30 in change, which makes for a total of $70 + $30 = $100. The owner has lost $100.

Technically, the owner lost $30 plus the value, V, of the $70 of goods. Since stores typically sell goods at a markup, the value may be less than $70. But in the case of a loss leader, the owner may have lost more than $70.

Another strategy to solve the problem is to break it down into two stores.

Story A
A guy walks into a store and steals a $100 bill from the register without the owner’s knowledge.

How much money did the owner lose? Clearly the answer is $100. The owner is a net -100.

Story B
He buys $70 worth of goods using a $100 bill and the owner gives $30 in change.

How much money did the owner lose? The owner did not lose any money, this is a routine transaction! If the goods are valued at V, the owner is a net +100 – V – 30 = 70 – V.

The story in the riddle is the sum of the two stories. This means the owner’s position is the sum of the position in those two stories. The owner is a net -100 + (70 – V) = -30 – V. That is, the owner lost $30 plus the value of the goods. If the goods are valued at $70, then the owner lost $100.
Eloquently put....and the answer still $100

Back