Welcome To aBlackWeb

How many jobs have u held in your life so far?

I've worked everywhere

warehouses, call centers, restaurants , burger king, door to door sales, customer service you name it
About 90% of my jobs have been retail related just at diff levels/aspects so kinda thinking about hanging that career field up even tho the money is good at my current.

Dont wanna be that guy years later talking about "this is all i know i cant do anything else"

I think i always been too weary to switch it up like u did but i also think that held me back

I've never worked in a warehouse or restaurant. I've done door to door tho tryna sell people gas/electricity LOLOLOL. I remember when Amway was a big deal and the Avon soaps. I was at one of the seminars when I was 15 and got up and walked out. The dude there felt so disrespected LOLOLOLOLOL

Yea fam restaurants are the worst. Rude customers and rude bosses who think they Gordon Ramsay and can talk any type of way to you. The vibe there will just make you hate everybody in general.

Working long hours and shit pay.

And warehouses will fuck your back up feeling like an old man. Not worth it.

But yea I remember an old friend hitting me up because he had an business and dope job for me. Mind u I hadn't seen dude in years.

He brought me to this conference which turned out to be a pyramid scheme where they sold this energy drink called vemma.
They even skyped some kid who was a millionare of it and was living in the hills lmao.

I almost beat the shit outta that nigga.

Last edited:
About 90% of my jobs have been retail related just at diff levels/aspects so kinda thinking about hanging that career field up even tho the money is good at my current.

Dont wanna be that guy years later talking about "this is all i know i cant do anything else"

I think i always been too weary to switch it up like u did but i also think that held me back

Yea, some of the retail places you go to you can find people who been there for 10 years.

Can't be me. Real easy to get comfortable when it becomes a routine.
Wake up, go to work, sleep.

But retail really makes you despise people tho. Never knew how many retarded mfs there were out there.

Been fired more than few.

But

Some jobs I got fired from I didn’t want to work there and if I quit I wouldn’t get unemployment.

So 2 jobs I made them fire me by fucking up. Still showed up everyday on time till they let me go for performance.

Had it all figured out early?

Nah...not really...more necessity...I got kicked out of college after a semester and a half...apparently selling drugs and gambling is frowned upon at some academia institutes...so I went to find a job to kinda make sure I wasn’t satisfied wit being just a drug dealing gambler...ended up working there for 13 yrs as a team leader...job closed and moved and I went back to full time hustling for 2 years but decided to chill so I went and got another job that I’ve been wit for 7 years as a team lead/supervisor

HCPSS
-BUILDING MANAGER
-ENRICHMENT LEADER
-NIGHT SUPERVISOR

NH B.O.E
-BUILDING MANAGER
-ASST CUSTODIAN

SEARS HARDWARE
-TOOLS LEAD MANAGER
-PRICE INTEGRITY MANAGER
(CROSS TRAINED IN LAWN AND GARDEN, APPLIANCES, RECEIVING)

COMPUTER LAB MONITOR (COLLEGE)

KFC 2 STINTS
-COOK
-CASHIER
-(TRAINED AS SHIFT MANAGER)

BJ'S WHOLESALE
-FLOOR LEADER SUPERVISOR
-CASHIER
(CROSS TRAINED GAS STATION MEMBER SERVICES RECEIVING TIRE BAY)

TJ MAXX
-CASHIER

CAMP COUNSELOR 3 STINTS STARTING AT 14

Had each job listed until I realized I ain't want anybody looking me up on LinkedIn.

So 15 total jobs.

From retail to call center back to retail to small business office work to big business finance and accounting to small business finance and accounting.

Got damn thats a lot

U enjoy small business jobs more or big business?
Small business has a lot less politics. Big business the higher ups are always trying to gain more territory and higher positions so they put all the pressure on their staff to make that happen for them. Small business higher ups really do care about making the business better because there's really not as many promotional opportunities.

Which is a negative to small business. That's why I came back to small business after I got to a high enough level in big business. I'm in line for CFO now which I'll be cool with for the rest of my career.

Whats that transition from blue to white collar like?

It wasn't easy at first. I went from doing security to management at a corporation and the learning curve was steep. You're pretty much expected to know how to operate in that setting as soon as you get there.

Ultimately I can't complain because I had been angling to elevate out of that field for years and I got what I wanted. My skillset grew a lot and the line of work I'm in now has opportunities everywhere

I will say this. If I could work construction or some shit like that and make the same amount of money I would. I'd love to come home and not have to think about work at all. And when I'm there the shit is simple and easy mentally.

Back