Welcome To aBlackWeb

why give an ultimatum? this kinda answers Dreads post too, but he know when she left to go to work, he was on the couch, when she got off and came home, he was still on the couch.

He himself should've wanted better for his situation. Yea pride kept him on that couch, but his pride that his girl was out earning for both of them should've been just as equal.

That is a huge drain on someone financially. It aint like he was in an accident or something. I could see all the "she should hold him down" stuff, but he was able mind and body and could've been got a job at Best Buy. Hell, in that 2 year time, who knows what other opportunities could've come his way.

Sounds like Lawrence was sending invites out to his pity party.
the ultimatum is for her, not him. he shouldn't need it to get it together because she's not his mother, but an ultimatum is more to give someone a final chance before you wash your hands of them. so that they don't become on/off and in a messy situation for years because of regrets of not giving it enough of a try.

lol at this tho...somebody has to MAKE you go out and get a job, but cant nobody MAKE you go out and cheat...smh
saying you're not interested in staying with them if they're gonna be like this (whether being "like this" is not making an effort to learn how to cook edible food or find a job is extraneous) isn't making them do something. it's showing what you will and will not be around for. it's about respecting your own standards.

the ultimatum is for her, not him. he shouldn't need it to get it together because she's not his mother, but an ultimatum is more to give someone a final chance before you wash your hands of them. so that they don't become on/off and in a messy situation for years because of regrets of not giving it enough of a try.

Exactly.

You give a person a chance (imo) to get themselves right after you've expressed and laid all the cards on the table.

You want to exalt all options when dealing with someone you're in love with or with anyone period. Some ppl deserve that.

saying you're not interested in staying with them if they're gonna be like this (whether being "like this" is not making an effort to learn how to cook edible food or find a job is extraneous) isn't making them do something. it's showing what you will and will not be around for. it's about respecting your own standards.

i dont know what you are getting at here. Can you type a lil slower for me plz?

k,thx

if im lawrence, that doesnt even get to that point tho. Hell i was unemployed for like 5 months and hated it. I couldnt imagine 2 years.

something like this depends on way too many other factors to be honest.......

not working in and of itself ain't a reason to leave someone.. but their attitude and response to it could absolutely push the relationship towards that direction...

something like this depends on way too many other factors to be honest.......

not working in and of itself ain't a reason to leave someone.. but their attitude and response to it could absolutely push the relationship towards that direction...
This, to an extent, is I think true. If they're taking a one year break from work that they've budgeted for and have a plan (travel, try to write a book, w/e), that's cool. I wouldn't do it myself but if they're doing it responsibly, that's aight. Or if they got laid off and need a few weeks or months to find more employment, but they don't let the funk set in.

I knew a woman who was unemployed for a few weeks and lost her mind, became dangerous to others and all. I've known others who were unemployed for months and were still tolerable.

If we were living together...as long as they're still contributing like cleaning, cookin, etc, I got them til they get back their feet.

If we weren't living together...as long as they're still out there puttin forth the effort, i got them.

How long do I stay? It depends on many factors including if we are married.

However, I would never cheat unless we officially divorce/break up.

I promise faithfulness within matrimony but I do not promise loyalty.

Back