Welcome To aBlackWeb

How important is a producer?

There's a reason why people say shit along the line of
"but it bump in the whip tho"

Most people wouldn't be listening to most of these artist if it wasn't for the producer/production.

The producer is VERY important.

You gotta be born in 2004 to think Jay only famous cause of Beyoncé

He’s probably be even MORE famous if he didn’t get with B

Nas took LES out from the hood an unemployed berry picker . Everything because of loyalty. Still The Greatest to ever Do it

Producers like Salam remi own their life to Nas.

No one is arguing that great production doesn’t help ACCENTUATE lyricists

What I believe Word is saying is that lyricists like Jay-Z isn’t just widely know for just his tracks but his overall lyrical ability and talent

Jay has the total package of a lyricist AND a great songwriter/Hit maker

Same as rappers like 50 Cent

& all I'm sayin is 1/2 of all that ability to make a hit rides on the beat nh

so, how important is a producer?

Jus as much as, if not more than, the artist

Last edited:
You gotta be born in 2004 to think Jay only famous cause of Beyoncé

He’s probably be even MORE famous if he didn’t get with B

nas-nasir-jones.gif

Hiphop is in the state it's in because of the lack of great producers. Back in the 90s/2000s, all of the great producers had a distinct sound and didn't only make beats, they made songs.

Dre had his own sound, same with Rza, Swizz, Tim, Pharrell, etc.

Now, most producers use the same drum patterns, tempos, etc. Producers are just as important as the rapper. Illmatic being the first hiphop album with an all star team of producers isn't a coincidence.

Nas is a trash freestyler….he has to write everything down…that ain’t freestyling

Freestyling is a special gift of its own though…..but yeah you definitely got “worst music opinion” in my book so far

I dont hate Memphis bleek but Jay is better than him. I would also put him over freeway but he aint on beanie sigel lvl. Kanye also would fuck Jay up.

For once I agree with Don Dada.

Think of Young Gunz and Memphis Bleek. They had the same production as Jay Z but for whatever reason, they couldn't do what Jay Z did.

And i bought the State Property 1 and 2 soundtracks. They were both dope as far as beats and rhymes, but the best song on either soundtrack was Once Again It's On feat Jay Z.

A great producer can get you to third base, but it takes a great vocalist to make a homerun.

The beat makes or breaks the song.

Nah, it's more to it than that.

Like I said, I bought The State Property 1 and 2 Soundtracks. They were both produced by The Rocafella Production team.

Once Again It's On is the best song on either album. It's Jay Z that makes or breaks the song, not the beat.

Like I said, I bought The State Property 1 and 2 Soundtracks. They were both produced by The Rocafella Production team.

Once Again It's On is the best song on either album. It's Jay Z that makes or breaks the song, not the beat.
Jay Z makes most songs better he is who he is. But if they were rapping over this beat instead then Jay Z wouldn’t be able to save it.

The first thing you hear in a song is the beat. If the beat is mid, 9 times out of 10 you are going to skip the song. You might come back to that song later on and say so and so was spitting but the beat was wack.

Jay Z makes most songs better he is who he is. But if they were rapping over this beat instead then Jay Z wouldn’t be able to save it.

But that's a hypothetical.

I'm saying in real life, not hypothetically, I bought the State Property 1 and State Property 2 soundtracks.

ab67616d0000b2732453078511bbc9177142dc86.jpeg Unknown.jpeg

Once Again It's On is the best song on either album

A Producer can make a banging beat, but only an MC can make a double or a triple into a homerun.

But that's a hypothetical.

I'm saying in real life, not hypothetically, I bought the State Property 1 and State Property 2 soundtracks.

View attachment 1025712View attachment 1025713

Once Again It's On is the best song on either album

A Producer can make a banging beat, but only an MC can make a double or a triple into a homerun.
If the beat is hot the right artist can make the song better. That’s your argument and I agree with that. But if the beat is wack good chances the artist can’t save it but it has been done. This gives me an idea for a thread.

If the beat is hot the right artist can make the song better. That’s your argument and I agree with that. But if the beat is wack good chances the artist can’t save it but it has been done. This gives me an idea for a thread.

Well let's take Flavor In Your Ear for an example.

It was a decent song when it came out. It was kinda catchy, but it wasn't a MONSTER.

Then the remix came out with everybody on it. Biggie went first and Busta went last. This was when LL was in his prime.

That remix took over the entire summer and was all anybody talked about.

But since Flavor In Your Ear came out in 1994, I don't think I've ever heard anybody freestyle over the instrumental.

I've heard people freestyle over Once More Chance (Remix), Shook Ones, DWYCK, Mass Appeal, What's My Name, Deep Cover, C.R.E.A.M., Dead Presidents, which all came out around the same time. But you never hear anybody freestyle over Flavor In Your Ear. Not that I can recall

My point is, the MCs made Flavor In Your Ear (Remix) a hit, not the beat itself.

If the beat made the song, more people would freestyle over it.

Well let's take Flavor In Your Ear for an example.

It was a decent song when it came out. It was kinda catchy, but it wasn't a MONSTER.

Then the remix came out with everybody on it. Biggie went first and Busta went last. This was when LL was in his prime.

That remix took over the entire summer and was all anybody talked about.

But since Flavor In Your Ear came out in 1994, I don't think I've ever heard anybody freestyle over the instrumental.

I've heard people freestyle over Once More Chance (Remix), Shook Ones, DWYCK, Mass Appeal, What's My Name, Deep Cover, C.R.E.A.M., Dead Presidents, which all came out around the same time. But you never hear anybody freestyle over Flavor In Your Ear. Not that I can recall

My point is, the MCs made Flavor In Your Ear (Remix) a hit, not the beat itself.

If the beat made the song, more people would freestyle over it.
The beat was dope Biggie, and Busta made it better.

Back