Welcome To aBlackWeb

How do y’all feel about these parents obituary

If you parentts provided for you and you in get in that life, then that shit comes to your folks front door that shit is selfish.

I seen myself and brought the noise

I don't see anything wrong with this obit. You preach your own funeral and write ur own obituary by the life you lead. The parents seem hurt and angry at losing their son. In their mind this was preventable if he never got so caught up in street life. That's fair.

They are not having a funeral. They probably don't want folks around that they didn't approve of. It's very possible they buried their son. Just them and the body and them funeral workers. If so I can understand that

i think parents say “i gave you all the tools to be successful and you chose this life” but do they really educate the child? not just on some “stay out the streets, its bad for you” im talking about real life conservations about the streets??? see from jump my kids will be volunteering at soup kitchens and working with the homeless. i want them to see and understand how hard it can be out here and draw their own conclusions from that.

see, as a reformed hood rat, i loved the streets but there was something in me that knew i wanted more for my life. my mom gave me all the tools she could give me but looking back on it, we never had real conversations about sex, drugs, gun play, it was just “the streets are bad” “ppl die out there” and tbh that just wasnt enough.

these should be ongoing conversations. checking in with your child. really connecting with them and hey maybe sometimes that isnt enough but ive found as youth counselor the majority of children feel like their parents dont listen to them or dont understand them and they deadass need advocates.

Don't be that naive. A child gonna make their own decisions at some point and they can be the wrong ones. Happens all the time.

Sometimes i think to myself how i didn't fall for certain traps growing up and I'm from a middle class family in Detroit.

Life is a crapshoot

Don't be that naive. A child gonna make their own decisions at some point and they can be the wrong ones. Happens all the time.

Sometimes i think to myself how i didn't fall for certain traps growing up and I'm from a middle class family in Detroit.

Life is a crapshoot

I dont have a strong opinion either way, but I tend to let ppl grieve however they choose to cuz I'm not in their situation. Cant really call this wrong cuz idk how I would feel as a parent that lost a kid.

Parents sound like they tried with ol boy but he went his own way. We all know hardheaded niggas like that. His life was taken as a direct result of his own actions and karma. It wasnt a tragedy.

But I'm also like they coulda kept it cute and told the world what he meant to them. Some positivity.

I dont have a strong opinion either way, but I tend to let ppl grieve however they choose to cuz I'm not in their situation. Cant really call this wrong cuz idk how I would feel as a parent that lost a kid.

Parents sound like they tried with ol boy but he went his own way. We all know hardheaded niggas like that. His life was taken as a direct result of his own actions and karma. It wasnt a tragedy.

But I'm also like they coulda kept it cute and told the world what he meant to them. Some positivity.
They might be mad at what the world done to him

an thats the problem.

dont take it serious but end up like him when you were warned and have an example in front of you?

again you defending street fuckery by now blaming the parents.

smdh

you’re harping too much on blaming the parents and you wrongly as usual think I’m defending street shit. You just go against to go against. Most obituaries ain’t tearing somebody down and saying they damn near deserved to die because they were hard headed. It’s callous and insensitive but you think people won’t be disgusted by this and see the good in it is beyond me. Why they had to put it in the obituary? Said nothing about his life before the streets or anything. You acting like people be turned off by it is not realistic.

If they said Bill Cosby was a rapist in his obituary you would be completely against it. But it’s ok because this a young dude. Smh

you’re harping too much on blaming the parents and you wrongly as usual think I’m defending street shit. You just go against to go against. Most obituaries ain’t tearing somebody down and saying they damn near deserved to die because they were hard headed. It’s callous and insensitive but you think people won’t be disgusted by this and see the good in it is beyond me. Why they had to put it in the obituary? Said nothing about his life before the streets or anything. You acting like people be turned off by it is not realistic.

If they said Bill Cosby was a rapist in his obituary you would be completely against it. But it’s ok because this a young dude. Smh
yawn.

you still stupid

cmon bruh.....i dont want no trouble.
i talk my shit but i aint showing up. and if i do pull up...it will definitely be at the wrong location. just saying

im not the one telling them how to grieve tho.

losing a kid is no joke.....but they might have a reason to react like that. i cant tell them they cant use this as a teachable moment to save others.

thats selfish as shit to say because i lost my child ....fuck teach yall at this moment,.

i guess emmitt tills mom was wrong for the open casket

Emmitt till mom didn’t say her son deserved it tho. And the open casket wasn’t to teach us. It was to teach white people. We already knew the score.

Emmitt till mom didn’t say her son deserved it tho. And the open casket wasn’t to teach us. It was to teach white people. We already knew the score.
teach white people what?
or to show what they did to her child?

an as usual you missed the point of the statement.

let just call a truce.....

ill stay on my side of the fence and you stay the fuck off my lawn.

and you still a self righteous black person hating coon ass nigga. Consistently saying dumb shit
an you a

your an

embarrassment

you an your minion love to say that dumb shit but dont do shit for your people.

you can easily just ignore me.

but you wont cuz you think you need to check me.

dickhead

an you a

your an

embarrassment

you an your minion love to say that dumb shit but dont do shit for your people.

you can easily just ignore me.

but you wont cuz you think you need to check me.

dickhead

lol I can literally say the same for you but yet you still quote me. Foolishness

teach white people what?
or to show what they did to her child?

an as usual you missed the point of the statement.

let just call a truce.....

ill stay on my side of the fence and you stay the fuck off my lawn.

so it was to teach black people what? We already knew the score. Like bruh your whole point on emmitt can be turned. Foolishness

but back to the main point the obituary is foul

Back