Welcome To aBlackWeb

How do y’all feel about these parents obituary

how they drag his name thru the mud.

they pointed out how his wants and needs didnt matter in the end and brought him a quick demise.
they pointing out how selfish his decisions were and short term thinking.

Everybody has wants and needs. So a person with a job who has those same wants and needs as him get die early cause they get hit by a bus. They met a quick demise as well so their wants and needs don't matter as well, correct?

How was his decision selfish? Were they selfish cause he wasn't doing what they wanted to him to do? It's his life to live not theirs. I respect how they felt about his choices. I don't respect what they did in regards to that obituary.

You don't know his thinking to call it short term.

i think parents say “i gave you all the tools to be successful and you chose this life” but do they really educate the child? not just on some “stay out the streets, its bad for you” im talking about real life conservations about the streets??? see from jump my kids will be volunteering at soup kitchens and working with the homeless. i want them to see and understand how hard it can be out here and draw their own conclusions from that.

see, as a reformed hood rat, i loved the streets but there was something in me that knew i wanted more for my life. my mom gave me all the tools she could give me but looking back on it, we never had real conversations about sex, drugs, gun play, it was just “the streets are bad” “ppl die out there” and tbh that just wasnt enough.

these should be ongoing conversations. checking in with your child. really connecting with them and hey maybe sometimes that isnt enough but ive found as youth counselor the majority of children feel like their parents dont listen to them or dont understand them and they deadass need advocates.

Great post. A lot people here really don't seem like they're going to get it from the shit that they post.

True cause they'll use that to talk shit about some choices a kid makes when not looking at the whole picture and some of the reasons why that kid thought that was the correct choice for them to make at that time.

THIS!!!!!

i plan on taking my son to see my best friend who's in jail for a murder.

A parent can give a kid all the tools and support to not go down the wrong path, we gotta stop blaming others for the choices a person makes on their own.

and therelin lies the problem.

childhood is the biggest reason why someone is the way they are.

No.

Childhood is likely to be the biggest reason someone is the way they are but then so is school. Or an incident could occur that changes you. Or maybe the thing from chdhood that set him on this path had nothin' to do with his parents. Maybe he got punked a few times in nursery and developed a chip on his shoulder.

Two parents is already an advantage he had a lotta bangers didn't. For all we kno' he met a charismatic person in his teenage years and followed him into street crap.

So again how was his decision selfish?
you right ....we dont know his decision was short term....i think thats what they was trying to imply in the obituary.

but to place your selfish in a situation where you getting hurt...

nevermind.

being in that life is selfish.
but i guess i see it wrong cuz i made it out the mud.

smdh

i dont want no more smoke in here.

im going to get my bacardi and go to sleep.

tomorrow tho....f you up

So again how was his decision selfish?

That wasn't my word but imo if you bangin' when there's already food on the table and you're bringin' trouble or shame to your parents then yeah that'd be selfish.

Of course, tho, we don't kno' the situation

you right ....we dont know his decision was short term....i think thats what they was trying to imply in the obituary.

but to place your selfish in a situation where you getting hurt...

nevermind.

being in that life is selfish.
but i guess i see it wrong cuz i made it out the mud.

smdh

i dont want no more smoke in here.

im going to get my bacardi and go to sleep.

tomorrow tho....f you up

That wasn't my word but imo if you bangin' when there's already food on the table and you're bringin' trouble or shame to your parents then yeah that'd be selfish.

Of course, tho, we don't kno' the situation

We all have different opinions on things but I don't see just being in the streets in and of itself being selfish. Now there are certain things that people do once in the streets that can be selfish in regards to their family.

We all have different opinions on things but I don't see just being in the streets in and of itself being selfish. Now there are certain things that people do once in the streets that can be selfish in regards to their family.
being in that life...to me.

to a certain extent.......is selfish.
im not talking building towards something or a man trying to feed his family. thats a grey area.

being in that life...to me.

to a certain extent.......is selfish.

im not talking building towards something or a man trying to feed his family. thats a grey area.

You can have that opinion. Just like I disagree with it.

cmon bruh.....i dont want no trouble.
i talk my shit but i aint showing up. and if i do pull up...it will definitely be at the wrong location. just saying

im not the one telling them how to grieve tho.

losing a kid is no joke.....but they might have a reason to react like that. i cant tell them they cant use this as a teachable moment to save others.

thats selfish as shit to say because i lost my child ....fuck teach yall at this moment,.

i guess emmitt tills mom was wrong for the open casket

No on is saying that. I'm saying that:

1. I think this was less about helping others and more about shitting on their son and trying to hoist themselves up as some paragon of morality and golden parenting

2. There are many ways to teach the lesson without doing it in a way that shits on their child's memory.

If I've provided a home and opportunities for my kids but they on some street shit for jewellery, sneakers or rep then imo that's selfish of them

Back