Welcome To aBlackWeb

How do we break out of our psychological conditioning?

I'm asking for a deeper explanation but based off of everyone answers,
the social stigmas as I see it..It really depends on the mindset of the individual..
ask yourself,

What holds me(you) back as an individual based off social stigmas?
Why do we allow the news to perpetuate a false image of us"
Why don't we try to rise above the stigmas when we know we can; what gives us doubt?
i agree on all these questions and would to here answers.

Just like when you mention how niggas ain’t shit. It’s mentioned there too now what?
ok....we need to stop this....where have i said niggas as a whole aint shit?
i guess i dont post up about black excellence...all yall know is when i talk shit about people who fuck up our community. but yall take it as speaking about all black people.
that says more about you than me.

ok....so how you gonna fix white supremacy?

A great coked out singer once said :

I believe the children are the future
Teach them well and let them lead the way..

We gotta teach these kids reality. Let em know it's not a game and that we have real enemies outchea. Not the "not all people are bad koombayah shit"
but who does this fall onto....
how can you teach if you dont know or was never taught.

I think the trauma is hereditary..

I had to look up hereditary cause words can have more than one meaning. You are 100% right a lot of the trauma is hereditary. Some parents really need to start doing better for there kids and not just wanting better for their kids. We can all want a bunch of shit but if we not doing anything to acquire those wants its bullshit.

this is deep.

can you give us examples of what we should acknowledge?

Colorism as an example

how whether we would admit it or not we attach certain stigmas, behaviors, personalty traits, beauty standards, etc to people based on solely on the hue God blessed them to have

Some of you may scoff at this but its deep seeded and its a real thing embedded in our subconscious

Cycle of poverty is another one....yes there are systems and rules set in place to hold us back...but we were also conditioned to accept sub-par everything....

so much more

I think the trauma is hereditary..

It is

been scientifically proven that trauma and ptsd can be passed to the next generation. So we have 400 plus years of bullshit to heal from...

I feel like the time we are in now is the beginning of a great awakening for us tho

Colorism as an example

how whether we would admit it or not we attach certain stigmas, behaviors, personalty traits, beauty standards, etc to people based on solely on the hue God blessed them to have

Some of you may scoff at this but its deep seeded and its a real thing embedded in our subconscious

Cycle of poverty is another one....yes there are systems and rules set in place to hold us back...but we were also conditioned to accept sub-par everything....

so much more

This is true.

And people think things like verbalizing a color bias is the only indicator that you think that way. It isnt tho...

One example i know i has to check within myself was realizing im more on guard than i normally am around dudes with darker skinned than lighter. Its a thing that men in urban environments learn, but when i realized i was doing it in those types it made me understand how deep it runs.

LLS

That is a very small minority of people. With us being such a small minority in hostile territory our numbers for who are willing are a problem.

I'm not saying it to be all willy nilly about going to prison or die for something like its easy but at the same time we know what's required and for far too many generations we as a people haven't been willing to do it.

As bad as we have it, too many of us still have it too good to be willing to risk that level of sacrifice.

Basically, we have far more "first world" problems than we do real world problems.

It is

been scientifically proven that trauma and ptsd can be passed to the next generation. So we have 400 plus years of bullshit to heal from...

I feel like the time we are in now is the beginning of a great awakening for us tho
I had to look up hereditary cause words can have more than one meaning. You are 100% right a lot of the trauma is hereditary. Some parents really need to start doing better for there kids and not just wanting better for their kids. We can all want a bunch of shit but if we not doing anything to acquire those wants its bullshit.
so i have a question for these.....
is it hereditary because the parent allows the child to see their trauma?
like lets say a child constantly sees the parent making excuses for shit. the child is not stupid and knows the parent is lying. but would that aloow the child to begin to take on that same type persona?
or if a parent chooses to never lie to their child...and tells them what things really are......would the child take on a truthful persona.

When we hold each other accountable.

13% of the us population but commit over 50% of crime

Starting to think you're either a plant or a troll.

Maybe both.

Sometimes you make sense, but too many other times you speak from a right-leaning perspective.

Either way, that stat is taken out of context.

We may only be 13% of the population, but saying we "commit" over 50% of crime isn't telling the whole story.

It's more like we get policed and/or arrested at a higher rate than our white counterparts.

As a result, those stats are skewed to illustrate a false narrative.

Last edited:
What part isn’t true?
not all black people arrested are guilty of said crime.

alot of these prosecutors use the poor and black people to pad their stats for their own gain and its not about guilt or innocence.
what about the people who cant afford good representation, coercion and/or false charges.
that all on top of black people as watched and guilty of small shit that others get away with.

so thats not exactly true.

but i do agree we need to hold each other accountable

ok....we need to stop this....where have i said niggas as a whole aint shit?
i guess i dont post up about black excellence...all yall know is when i talk shit about people who fuck up our community. but yall take it as speaking about all black people.
that says more about you than me.

ok....so how you gonna fix white supremacy?
You’re creating a whole new argument. I never said none of that. I said when you bring up how niggas ain’t shit haven’t we discussed that already?

To combat white supremacy we need to start by getting on code. Easier said than done.

This is true.

And people think things like verbalizing a color bias is the only indicator that you think that way. It isnt tho...

One example i know i has to check within myself was realizing im more on guard than i normally am around dudes with darker skinned than lighter. Its a thing that men in urban environments learn, but when i realized i was doing it in those types it made me understand how deep it runs.
its good you realized it and even mentioned it.
i guess this is what is meant by acknowledging it.
but at least you are trying to fix it.

so i have a question for these.....
is it hereditary because the parent allows the child to see their trauma?
like lets say a child constantly sees the parent making excuses for shit. the child is not stupid and knows the parent is lying. but would that aloow the child to begin to take on that same type persona?
or if a parent chooses to never lie to their child...and tells them what things really are......would the child take on a truthful persona.

IMO it depends on the child. Some children will grow to despise lies and liars because of all the lies they know their parents told. Some may see that as a way to get over on people and tell lies to anybody who willing to listen.

The child with the truthful parent that could go many ways as well

Back