Welcome To aBlackWeb

How black is your name?

In blood diamond, african yo son was named Dia

My name is distinctly black but not stereotypically black so to speak. It's funny though cuz the actual meaning of my name is Greek.

My name is Greek...I think...I dont know a black person with my name. Mostly white ppl.

Depends about the generation or country.

Archimedes? Hector? Oedipus? Thaddeus?? Memnon?? Ptolemy?? Phineas?? Perseus?? Dion?? Bacchus?? Ulysses?? Paris?? Anchises?? Philemon?? Hesiod?? Homer?? Socrates?? Aristotle?? Apollo?? Adonis?? Euripides??

[

In Gaelic, "dubh" means "little black one" or "black" .

A plausible reference to the protohistorical tribes who predated the incursions of the Iberians, Beaker-Bell Culture bearers, Pelasgues, Myceaneans, Egyptians and latter Celts. The socalled 'Cheddar Men' , alternatively known in relativelly recent times as Dwarfs, Thuatha De Danaan, Cimmerians, Brownies, Faeries, Fair Folk or Pixies.

This thread raises an interesting question;

Are Biblical names Black or White or non racial?

I mean, everything that happened in the Bible happened in the Middle East. And the people in the Middle East are Arabs, which I guess are the same complexion as Latinos. A Hotep will tell you that everybody in the Bible was Black, which is nonsense. I mean, they had melanin but I wouldn't use the term "Black" to describe an Arab.

And then there's the term "Semetic", which I've always thought meant jewish. People say the original jews were Black but I'm not sure if they were Arab complexion or what?

So yeah, are Biblical names racial or non racial? If your name is Adam, or Eve is that a jewish name? Because Adam and Eve are in the book of Genesis, which is the first book of the Torah.

Add on

Most biblical names are Hebraic. Whatever what the popular pseudohistorical theories like to brag about, Hebrews were essentially a Northwest Semitic speaking population of predominant Semitic stock. Their names are mostly Semitic in origins; although there has some exceptions of Arabic (Semitic) , Egyptian ("Hamitic") , Kushite ("Hamitic" and Nilotic) , Persian (Iranian) , Chaldean (Semitic and "Hamitic") and Greek (Hellenic) origins.

Yes, they intermixed with various different populations in Antiquity, but so are any population in world's history. From what ancient historiographical texts descrives about them, Israelites were pretty much varied in phenotype: dark to blond curly hair, lush beard, thick eyebrows, aquiline nose, "fair" to olive to tawny skin, dark to blue eyes, average height for the era's standards (men were 5'5" tall and women 5" tall only) , strong interunions with African populations within the Benjamite and Judaite populations (whose skin could be pretty much darker, and theit hair coilier) , some suspicions of Aegean ancestry among the Danaites and Levites, overall frequent interunions within the darker skinned native Canaanite tribes (Northwest Semitic speaking populations of "Hamitic" and Proto-Arabian Semitic stocks) .

Albeit, Jewish texts claims than the most typical "full-blooded" ancient Hebrew has a tall built for the era's standards (5'9" ~ 6" tall) , "fair" skin and red hair, like their Amorite (Bedouine) kindred. The legendary Israelite king David was portrayed as such, while the mythical patriarchs Abraham, Isaac and Jacob were hinted to appear as such (in spite Abraham's mother being presumedly a daughter of Nimrod, son of Cush and grandson of Ham) .

The ruling elites among the historical Hyksos, Mittanians and Babylonian Amorites has equally shown strong genetic proclitivities for lighter to "fair" skin, blue or green eyes and blond/red hair as well as some Indo-Iranian kinship.

Last edited:
Back