Welcome To aBlackWeb

Added to Calendar: 06-16-24

Pick A Team

• Team Black

• Team Green

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'm not familiar with the book so forgive me if this is a dumb question.

What if that was the wrong kid they killed?

Does it matter to the story?

I know a son for a son was the theme but after watching again something tells me that ain't the son that matters.
First born is the highest value so itā€™s going to get the harshest reaction.

Vicerys was the only king that gave a fuck about a daughter.

I'm not familiar with the book so forgive me if this is a dumb question.

What if that was the wrong kid they killed?

Does it matter to the story?

I know a son for a son was the theme but after watching again something tells me that ain't the son that matters.

In the book, they never make it clear who the target is. In the show, Daemon clearly says to kill Aemond, and cheese asks what if they can't find him, and you never hear Daemon's answers. In the book, Daemon is in the Riverlands when he hears about Lucerys being killed and just sends Rhenyra a raven that says 'a son for a son'. Then it says he goes and finds Blood and Cheese and sends them niggas on the mission. But it's never explicitly stated who the actual target is. Some say it was one of Alicent's sons who was the intended target - Aegon or Aemond. Some say it was one of Aegon's sons who was the intended target, like in the show.

That's the great thing about the Fire and Blood: It's a book from INSIDE the Game of Thrones universe. It's the book that the Maesters wrote about the Targaryen civil war. And they used eyewitness accounts and records to piece the story together. They tell you in the book basically 'Some of this shit can't really be confirmed or corroborated, and at least some of it we know was told by a nigga who couldn't have possibly been there for all these events. But this is as accurate a history as we can muster.'

So when you're making a show based on it, you really have a lot of stuff to play with because so little if it was set in stone to begin with.

If that makes sense.

In the book, they never make it clear who the target is. In the show, Daemon clearly says to kill Aemond, and cheese asks what if they can't find him, and you never hear Daemon's answers. In the book, Daemon is in the Riverlands when he hears about Lucerys being killed and just sends Rhenyra a raven that says 'a son for a son'. Then it says he goes and finds Blood and Cheese and sends them niggas on the mission. But it's never explicitly stated who the actual target is. Some say it was one of Alicent's sons who was the intended target - Aegon or Aemond. Some say it was one of Aegon's sons who was the intended target, like in the show.

That's the great thing about the Fire and Blood: It's a book from INSIDE the Game of Thrones universe. It's the book that the Maesters wrote about the Targaryen civil war. And they used eyewitness accounts and records to piece the story together. They tell you in the book basically 'Some of this shit can't really be confirmed or corroborated, and at least some of it we know was told by a nigga who couldn't have possibly been there for all these events. But this is as accurate a history as we can muster.'

So when you're making a show based on it, you really have a lot of stuff to play with because so little if it was set in stone to begin with.

If that makes sense.
Props for the explanation.

If that makes sense.
I thought in the show he said look for the 1 eyed silver haired man and that shouldn't be difficult to find

e56cb1815e62d6014f4268ad5fa8e39671ee1ade.gifv

e505887d570d45275305e787a8081b3681af6029.gifv

37544e504d1d96e293918e611650e8d718a9bb0f.png

Back