Welcome To aBlackWeb

Hot 97's DJ Drewski Announces He Will No Longer Support "Diss/Gang" Music

Plenty niggas got beat up or shot over music/street shit,but the killers didn't make songs saying "I smoked him"

The street shit was happening but there was no social media and niggas wasn't as brazen to admit to crimes in public.
LOL shit man besides the obvious 2 I can’t recall anything as alarming as the shit happening now

LOL shit man besides the obvious 2 I can’t recall anything as alarming as the shit happening now
The world is different now with youtube and the net to where what would be an upcoming little known rapper is now semi international.

But plenty unknown ppl got killed in music/street drama in the 90's and early 2000's.

Admittedly it has taken on a life of it's own now.

Shiiiit nigga they was killing niggas in the music game back in the Five heartbeats days.

Yes I know they're fictional but you know what I mean.

The world is different now with youtube and the net to where what would be an upcoming little known rapper is now semi international.

But plenty unknown ppl got killed in music/street drama in the 90's and early 2000's.

Admittedly it has taken on a life of it's own now.

Shiiiit nigga they was killing niggas in the music game back in the Five heartbeats days.

Yes I know they're fictional but you know what I mean.
The other thing is how young these lil dumb niggas are

It's different now. The killers used to play the background but now the killers are rappers and on front street with the sht.

This the simple answer.

In the past a lot of these drill rappers would be the wild niggas you hear about in rapper entourages. And back then those niggas would die & get locked up at a high rate as well. They just were background niggas.

The more respected you are in the streets the bigger your drill buzz is. You can actually be a solid rapper but if everyone in the city know you not actually like that, most likely your drill career not going nowhere.

the alternative to that is if you ain’t really about it you still gotta diss niggas who is. Which has gotten a lot of half stepping niggas killed over the years.

Vice versa you can suck but if everyone knows you really about that, your drill records go up. Because what you talking about isn’t an act.

People used to beg 051 Melly to rap just because he was a real killer. His shit would’ve been terrible but the drill crowd would’ve listened because it was real and he was a terror to Durk in real life.

I've heard plenty of drill music but don't know the names of the artists.

Every time I got me early 20's and teenage cousins and nephews and nieces in my car. I let them hook their phone up to the in the car. I do that so I can know what the youngins listening to and the type of shit that is being put in their minds.

That allows me to have certain conversations with them about a lot things.

Yeah they did.The young NY dudes doing this music now loved everything going on with the Chicago scene.

In the 90's I never heard of a GD in NY.

My man's son was all in that shit and loved all that Chi shit and they took the gang shit they already had going on and put some of that Chi Drill in it.

Just like Ny/east coast niggas started being Bloods and Crips in the 90's.

The thing is too eventually all the gangs were gonna spread. Like NY had Latin Kings for a minute and they were formed in Chicago. But it did mutate. Like all the 5 poppin 6 droppin type of stuff was from Chicago but bloods and crips up north was using those too.

but now they in chop and woo shit which is like some combination shit

Yeah they did.The young NY dudes doing this music now loved everything going on with the Chicago scene.

In the 90's I never heard of a GD in NY.

My man's son was all in that shit and loved all that Chi shit and they took the gang shit they already had going on and put some of that Chi Drill in it.

Just like Ny/east coast niggas started being Bloods and Crips in the 90's.
There was GDs in Brooklyn in the 90s though. Young NY niggas was dissing their opps in videos pre-Chicago Drill era, this is a fact.

Please do share whilst pretending as if the name of the movement doesn’t tell you where it’s from. “New York drill” is because “Chicago drill” was.

Even if some niggas was hip to it earlier than others doesn’t discount where it came from.

That’s like us New York niggas trying to claim “lean.” Just because Dipset was selling sizzurp in 2003 before it spread nationwide doesn’t mean they were the creators. They got that shit from elsewhere.
Here is a video from 2011 of NY niggas dissing his opps in a freestyle. The second nigga dissed a nigga who died and mocked the way how he died

NY niggas was dissing dead opps pre Chicago Drill era. UK & Chicago can have the beats but the dissing opps shit was here way before Chicago. It just got popular and mainstream with Chicago, FACTS.

TE="dodge, post: 2677138, member: 103666"]
Someone please enlighten me

What’s the difference between drill and trap music

Is it the tempo? The way the 808’s and sub bass is programmed? Or does it have more to do with the artist?
[/QUOTE]

Chicago drill music is just trap music, there's no difference other than the content being very aggressive and gang oriented.

But then there's London drill music, which broke off from Chicago drill music, by adopted an afrobeat drum pattern.

The NY drill is the style of London drill.

Exactly this. I’ve been echoing these sentiments to my friend circle for a couple years now. So much so that—if it isn’t a Kendrick/Cole/Drake type release—the last 2-3 years I really only listen to old shit, Afrobeat and R&B,

The culture has gotten away from itself and it’s sick that someone invited into the culture had to take this stance before one of our own.
This response is nasty.

nasty and true and I hate that it’s come to this.
“US” standing against for some reason puts us out of touch or what ever excuses niggas have to not fix our community.

i can respectfully understand your point...... tbh i'm not a fan of his interacial dating beliefs but this paticular point he has made gets extra credit points from me.
And that’s the problem…not you but he’s not tied to stupid street beliefs.
our culture is so much more than street politics.

Back