Welcome To aBlackWeb

Hot 97's DJ Drewski Announces He Will No Longer Support "Diss/Gang" Music

Someone please enlighten me

What’s the difference between drill and trap music

Is it the tempo? The way the 808’s and sub bass is programmed? Or does it have more to do with the artist?

Drill is a lot more violent with the subject matter.

As far as production the drum patterns/programming is different. NY borrowed their drill sound in the beats from UK drill. A different sound from Chicago.

Hot 97's DJ Drewski is taking a stand against gang/diss music because he thinks it has too much of a negative impact on people's lives and is even leading to some losing their lives.

“I’m not supporting no more diss/gang music!” he wrote. “If ya dissing each other in the songs, don’t even send it to me! I don’t care if the artist sends it, the label sends it, your big Homie sends it! I will not support or play anymore Diss/Gang records on the radio! We r losing too many young men and women to the streets!”

He continued, added, “If you make drill music, there are a lot of drill songs without dissing your opps or smoking your opps! Step up your pen game and creativity. No reason why every week someone is getting locked up or killed. I can’t change the world, but I can stop supporting the nonsense. I admit I’m a fan of the drill records and supported from the beginning. But it’s only getting worse. SMH.”

Following the announcement, Drewski spoke with Complex saying, “I feel music has a super strong influence on our culture and streets."

“So when we keep showcasing and promoting these records that are inciting violence it just adds fuel to the fire. When we make it cool on major platforms to go ‘shoot up the opps’ we are sending the wrong message.”
1643889899744.gif

Where’s Flex Hogan? He should be championing this….

I can't listen to this new stuff. One of my home boys be knowing all of that sht. I be like "nigga we grew up on 8ball & MJG, UGK etc.....How tf do you be knowing so much about these new niggas?"

Then it be the same flow, same subject matter, same dialect. I remember one of my peoples was like "hear this rapper". Dude was a drill rapper, I heard a song and afterwards, I thought that I was a GD, and I'm not even in a gang lol. I always said that these listeners better be careful on listening to the local rapper drill diss songs, when they are talking about smoking their opps. The wrong people hear it and might retaliate because they are hearing their dead home boy getting dissed. I'll just stick to the music that I grew up on, 8ball & MJG, UGK etc. It overall sound better, and you can learn something in their records

No, we didn't.
Yeah they did.The young NY dudes doing this music now loved everything going on with the Chicago scene.

In the 90's I never heard of a GD in NY.

My man's son was all in that shit and loved all that Chi shit and they took the gang shit they already had going on and put some of that Chi Drill in it.

Just like Ny/east coast niggas started being Bloods and Crips in the 90's.

I dont even know nobody that listens to drill music. Like of all the ppl that have tried to put me onto songs/artists the last few yrs, never once has it been no drill shit.

These new niggas make slave catcher music and im glad 99% of it misses me.
You never heard a Chief keef,Lil Durk, or Pop Smoke song?

This is cool.That shit should be some underground shit if it exists.

You can't stop the music,but you can stop the exposure.

I'm not really up on what happened with these 2 dudes who got shot.

were their shootings related?

It'll be crazy if you youtube stopped drill rappers from uploading videos about killing their opps

Because our violent music didn’t directly lead to niggas getting dead

I’ve literally seen niggas drop diss tracks dissing their dead oops and get themselves killed the same day
Plenty niggas got beat up or shot over music/street shit,but the killers didn't make songs saying "I smoked him"

The street shit was happening but there was no social media and niggas wasn't as brazen to admit to crimes in public.

Back