Welcome To aBlackWeb

Hot 97's DJ Drewski Announces He Will No Longer Support "Diss/Gang" Music

keemz

#gaza4eva #freeKartel #FreeSiva
Hot 97's DJ Drewski is taking a stand against gang/diss music because he thinks it has too much of a negative impact on people's lives and is even leading to some losing their lives.

“I’m not supporting no more diss/gang music!” he wrote. “If ya dissing each other in the songs, don’t even send it to me! I don’t care if the artist sends it, the label sends it, your big Homie sends it! I will not support or play anymore Diss/Gang records on the radio! We r losing too many young men and women to the streets!”

He continued, added, “If you make drill music, there are a lot of drill songs without dissing your opps or smoking your opps! Step up your pen game and creativity. No reason why every week someone is getting locked up or killed. I can’t change the world, but I can stop supporting the nonsense. I admit I’m a fan of the drill records and supported from the beginning. But it’s only getting worse. SMH.”

Following the announcement, Drewski spoke with Complex saying, “I feel music has a super strong influence on our culture and streets."

“So when we keep showcasing and promoting these records that are inciting violence it just adds fuel to the fire. When we make it cool on major platforms to go ‘shoot up the opps’ we are sending the wrong message.”

Respect

funny it takes a cac to take a stand

Exactly this. I’ve been echoing these sentiments to my friend circle for a couple years now. So much so that—if it isn’t a Kendrick/Cole/Drake type release—the last 2-3 years I really only listen to old shit, Afrobeat and R&B,

The culture has gotten away from itself and it’s sick that someone invited into the culture had to take this stance before one of our own.

Exactly this. I’ve been echoing these sentiments to my friend circle for a couple years now. So much so that—if it isn’t a Kendrick/Cole/Drake type release—the last 2-3 years I really only listen to old shit, Afrobeat and R&B,

The culture has gotten away from itself and it’s sick that someone invited into the culture had to take this stance before one of our own.
it is really drill music that has fucked up everything .

32 and you full of shit lol
I'm definitely not. My borough had that and that was when I was young, just because you ain't seen it doesn't mean it never happened lol. I can pull up videos of niggas spitting a freestyle, smoking on their opps dead friends, dissing them.

I'm definitely not. My borough had that and that was when I was young, just because you ain't seen it doesn't mean it never happened lol. I can pull up videos of niggas spitting a freestyle, smoking on their opps dead friends, dissing them.

Please do share whilst pretending as if the name of the movement doesn’t tell you where it’s from. “New York drill” is because “Chicago drill” was.

Even if some niggas was hip to it earlier than others doesn’t discount where it came from.

That’s like us New York niggas trying to claim “lean.” Just because Dipset was selling sizzurp in 2003 before it spread nationwide doesn’t mean they were the creators. They got that shit from elsewhere.

Someone please enlighten me

What’s the difference between drill and trap music

Is it the tempo? The way the 808’s and sub bass is programmed? Or does it have more to do with the artist?

All I can say is drill sounds more eccentric while trap sounds more consistent in terms of programming

Someone please enlighten me

What’s the difference between drill and trap music

Is it the tempo? The way the 808’s and sub bass is programmed? Or does it have more to do with the artist?
the 808s n sub bass is programmed

Back